Jason Perez on Sports Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Perez on Sports Sunday

Sitdown with Jason Perez coming up on Sports Sunday.

I'll check for a link tomorrow.

It's now available under Sport Videos.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
      It's now available under Sport Videos.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/category....&nav=menu486_4
      Thanks for the link. What a good guy he is. One of my all time favorites because he played with such effort as well as skill.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

A shining light during some dark times...
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

I liked the comment where he said that we probably would have started to see the beginnings of a successful program much earlier if Mo would have stayed at WSU.
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

What a class act. He was and IS a great representative of the Shocker Nation. I remember seeing him around campus and he was just as you all seen him on that clip. humble and nice as can be.
            I don't want to start a flame against Mo because I enjoyed watching him and I could never walk in his shoes, but I have to say this. Jason Perez showed real character in the worst of times. When Mo walk around campus in all of his texas gayhorn crap I was hurt and pi$$ed. Jason never let it get him down or say a bad word about Mo and it was Jason and team that suffered the most. I truly respect that. Congratulations Jason Perez, no one deserves this more that you!!!!!!

Comment

I love that guy. He is AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSSOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE .

Comment

Jason and his Dad Carlos are great people. Jason showed tremedous character and maturity through the turmoil that came up when he was carrying the team. He's one of the best. He should be in the Shocker Hall of Fame.

Comment

He's the only reason we didn't go winless in the late 90's.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I had the privilage to sit with Jason and his Father at two Wichita State Award Dinners. He was the most humble young man. He was the only player I
                    ever watched that played at such a high level as a freshman and continued all through his four years at WSU. He was not a superior physical athletic person, but he did some amazing things with what he had. Anyone who ever saw him play will remember what a great shot he was. However, I, remember what a great rebounder he was. He was the best 6'4" rebounder who was not a great leaper I ever saw.
                    Defensively, I can't remember many times I saw make a steal defending the passing lanes.
                    Jason, will always remain one of my favorite all
                    time Shockers. He was not a vocal leader, he lead
                    by remaining calm and cool, while showing very little emotion. He was and is a very humble man. :clap: :wsu_posters: ;-) :posterwu: :yahoo: :posterwsu:

Comment

I remember one particular play, Jason saved the ball on the defensive baseline. Diving and flipping the ball to one of his team mates. Falling face first out of bounds. Only to get up and sprint down court to score a lay up, all in a matter of seconds. His hustle was amazing. I enjoyed watching this young man play the game.

Better yet, I would see him at mass just about every Sunday.

It does not surprise me of his success in life!

His parents should be (and I'm sure are) proud of their son, they did a very fine job raising this young man!

Comment

Originally posted by shocklight
                        I remember one particular play, Jason saved the ball on the defensive baseline. Diving and flipping the ball to one of his team mates. Falling face first out of bounds. Only to get up and sprint down court to score a lay up, all in a matter of seconds. His hustle was amazing. I enjoyed watching this young man play the game.

His parents should be (and I'm sure are) proud of their son, they did a very fine job raising this young man!
                        That was also my favorite Jason play of all time. At dinner one night, I mentioned that to Jason and his wife Heidi. Jason didn't really recall it, although Heidi certainly did. Jason's memory from that game was when he was bringing the ball in from under the basket. He pulled the "bounce it off the back of the defender" play and scored on a layup.

During dinner that night, his son reached for a full water glass and Jason's hands were so quick to snatch it before it could be spilled. He jokingly said something to the effect that those quick hands were the reason for holding the steals record at WSU.

We had the priviledge of sitting with him at the Cliff Levingston banquet and then we had dinner with he and Heidi on the occasion mentioned above. Jason was truly as nice and humble at dinner hears after graduation as we was while playing, and Heidi is just as precious. They are truly a delightful couple.

Comment

Wow! Unfortunate for me, I never had a chance to see Jason play or interviewed before this clip.

What a gracious young man and basketball talent.

Obviously, he was and still is, one special Shocker.

Comment

60, your post is exactly my situation. Not living in Wichita now days, I did not get a chance to see Jason play or be interviewed, until Bruce's interview. After watching that interview, and seeing some of his playing day clips, I can understand why he is held in such high regard!

He is an impressive young man on and off of the court!

Now living in the Dallas area, I well remember reading in the Dallas Morning News when Jason was recruited by Thompson out of, I believe, San Antonio. I wondered then what kind of player Wichita State was getting. My original thought was that Wichita State may be reaching when they signed him. Come on, really, a Hispanic kid, from San Antonio, playing basketball at my alma mater, playing in the shadows of Stallworth, Carr, Levingston, Sherrod and McDaniel? it just did not seem like a good fit!

As I got on the Internet and later ShockerNet and was able to catch up on Shocker basketball once again, I constantly heard about how good of a player and individual Jason was and is.

With the high standards that Shockber fans have had over the years, when it comes to embracing a player, I knew that he must have been something special! He earned their respect, the old-fashioned way, with hard work and tenacity!

The interview confirms what I had heard and read! He deserves every accolade that has and will come his way!

I am glad he is ours!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeShox
                              Originally posted by shocklight

That was also my favorite Jason play of all time. At dinner one night, I mentioned that to Jason and his wife Heidi. Jason didn't really recall it, although Heidi certainly did. Jason's memory from that game was when he was bringing the ball in from under the basket. He pulled the "bounce it off the back of the defender" play and scored on a layup.

During dinner that night, his son reached for a full water glass and Jason's hands were so quick to snatch it before it could be spilled. He jokingly said something to the effect that those quick hands were the reason for holding the steals record at WSU.

We had the priviledge of sitting with him at the Cliff Levingston banquet and then we had dinner with he and Heidi on the occasion mentioned above. Jason was truly as nice and humble at dinner hears after graduation as we was while playing, and Heidi is just as precious. They are truly a delightful couple.
                              How funny is that, I remember the "bounce it off the back of the defender" play also. In fact so did my son, who used it in one of his biddy games. It worked, but my son missed the chippy!

However, after the game, I told him that the play was okay, but that it is rarely used. I was affraid he would keep trying it when it wasn't there. He then reminded me that Jason did it! I had to laugh........kids do pay attention! I'll have to ask my son if he remembers that. He is 25 years old now.

Comment

Working...
                              X