Who won't be opening Intrust.. finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won't be opening Intrust.. finally

K-State will not be opening Intrust or be playing anywhere else in Wichita this season :good: . They released their non-confrence schedule today.... THANK GOD, I didn't what them in Wichita anyways.. BUT, maybe the reason for this is because WSU already has bigger fish to try like LSU whom we didn't play last year. I still say the only suitable way WSU can play KU or KSU, would be an epic showdown in the NCAA tournament. What good would us playing either of them in Kansas do? If anything, it would start a civil war from all the trash talking.. Intrust is neat, but I wish we could talk about bringing the UNC's to Wichita instead of the KSU's that nobody cares about. :goshocks:
    it's up in the air

Good analysis.

Although I wouldn't mind the matchup just to shut their purple farmer butts up, it just isn't that big of a deal to play Kitten State. They are a Big 12 bottom feeder. They're like the South Florida of the Big East. Who cares?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I doubt LSU would agree to have the 3rd game of the series in Wichita. My guess is that game will be alot closer to Baton Rouge than Wichita.

Comment

The chances of UNC coming to Wichita are so slim. The chances of LSU coming is greater. I hate to be a downer but all these "non conference tournaments" at the new arena you guys talk about are probably never going to happen. You would needs loads and loads of money and sponsorships to get that done. Wichita and WSU just does not have that. I do, however, thing that Wichita will get the NCAA tournament.

As you know I am a big supporter of Downtown Wichita and of the Intrust Bank Arena but I just don't think Wichita could land an event or a team that big.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong!!
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

that brings up a good point, maybe already discussed...what constitutes an acceptable 'big name'?

Comment

It'll be TCU. We already owe them a game here and they have purple school colors.

Not that I wouldn't love to have LSU here.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
              The chances of UNC coming to Wichita are so slim. The chances of LSU coming is greater. I hate to be a downer but all these "non conference tournaments" at the new arena you guys talk about are probably never going to happen. You would needs loads and loads of money and sponsorships to get that done. Wichita and WSU just does not have that. I do, however, thing that Wichita will get the NCAA tournament.

As you know I am a big supporter of Downtown Wichita and of the Intrust Bank Arena but I just don't think Wichita could land an event or a team that big.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong!!
              I agree. If it was so easy to have big time tournaments in large non-campus arenas, there would be a lot more of them out there than there already are.

One single game a year for WSU is still likely a possibility though.

And I'm certain the NCAA is excited to have Wichita back in play for the NCAA's. It's an automatic IMO.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                It'll be TCU. We already owe them a game here and they have purple school colors.

Not that I wouldn't love to have LSU here.
                It won't be TCU this year. There's no way we're gonna play a non-conference game in mid-January.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

the home creighton game just my thoughts
                  -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Then Evansville is all that would be left, because if TCU won't play us in January, then I doubt seriously that any other non-conference opponent would.

Comment

Sexton has said basically that it won't be a non-con opponent because it would be too hard to work it in with the conference schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

I agree. If it was so easy to have big time tournaments in large non-campus arenas, there would be a lot more of them out there than there already are.

One single game a year for WSU is still likely a possibility though.

And I'm certain the NCAA is excited to have Wichita back in play for the NCAA's. It's an automatic IMO.
                        I think one game a year is a possibility. I think we can land a UNC or a UCLA but I don't know how regularly we can do that.

I agree, with so many strong Local teams (WSU, OU, KU, OSU, or Texas) selling tickets at a Wichita NCAA First and Second Round would not be hard. Especially if one of those listed teams play here. Its an easy sellout IMO.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Shockwaves update
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            interesting that in their Q&A's both KM and richardson both said Kyles was the most impressive player
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Watch out for DK. It may not be this year, but he's going to be a go to player before he's done. He's probably the most athletically gifted player on the team and can do a little bit of everything.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X