Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Men's B-Ball Media Day LIVE on 1410 KGSO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what else did they talk about? and will it be podcasted or not?

Comment

It sounds like the guys really get along with each other really well off the court and on court. Mattie thinks that this can translate into wins. :yahoo:
      "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
      --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

Gal is a prototypical BCS quality guard and previous top European player ( under 18 ). He could have played in the Big East but chose WSU. Anybody who watched the highlight films at the start of last year can attest that the young man has mad skills and mad tools. To not find a way to incorporate his God-given talent into some kind of system that allows him to "create" for us will be a travesty in my book.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Gal is a prototypical BCS quality guard and previous top European player (under 18). He could have played in the Big East but chose WSU. Anybody who watched the highlight films at the start of last year can attest that the young man has mad skills and mad tools. To not find a way to incorporate his God-given talent into some kind of system that allows him to "create" for us will be a travesty in my book.

T

...8)
          I agree
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
            It is hard to listen to Coach Marshall without thinking that we will win 20 games and a game or two in the dance. I definitely get the impression that his expectations are along those lines as well.
            I got no impression from the interview that he was optimistic (except for when Orupke shows up). Rather, he appeared to me to be hopeful and slightly clueless as to what the year will bring...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
              Gal is a prototypical BCS quality guard and previous top European player (under 18). He could have played in the Big East but chose WSU. Anybody who watched the highlight films at the start of last year can attest that the young man has mad skills and mad tools. To not find a way to incorporate his God-given talent into some kind of system that allows him to "create" for us will be a travesty in my book.

T

...8)
              I agree
              I also share this opinion. I like the tude that makel has and i think Coach and him will find a happy compromise as to the one handed passing.

Comment

I was referring not so much about his optimism for this team but the amount of leadership that just oozes from the man. I don't think he knows how to lose. He has enough talent, largely inexperienced, but talent none the less, that I think we will win a lot of games this year. There will be games that he simply wills the team to victory. I know it is hard for a coach to do that from the sideline, but he has at least two players in MB and PJ that will be an extension of him on the court. I'm pretty sure the guys would already run through a brick wall if he asked them to, and that attitude will only strengthen with success.

Comment

i missed it, where can i hear it? or can someone summarize what was said?

Comment

Gal is a prototypical BCS quality guard and previous top European player ( under 18 ). He could have played in the Big East but chose WSU. Anybody who watched the highlight films at the start of last year can attest that the young man has mad skills and mad tools. To not find a way to incorporate his God-given talent into some kind of system that allows him to "create" for us will be a travesty in my book.

T

...8)
                    Are shockerfan, t7017s and you saying that Coach Marshall might have feet of clay? Coach is clueless?

What about zone, game management, recruiting, etc.?

Man, I am looking forward to the mid-season reviews. This board will probably be ready to dump Coach Marshall by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      Are shockerfan, t7017s and you saying that Coach Marshall might have feet of clay? Coach is clueless?

Man, I am looking forward to the mid-season reviews. This board will probably be ready to dump Coach Marshall by then.
                      So he has gone from the savior to someone who can't coach? There is no way anyone would know what you are gonna get out of a team that was basically assembled this summer. There are only about half the players returning, and they all have to start over too. No coach would have an idea yet about his team at this point under the same circumstances.

Comment

T

...8)

Hmm, having a hard time with other people's opinions again? This may be a problem you want to look into LOL.

I hardly think I'll be ready to dump Marshall by mid-season LOL. He can play his players however he wants, he's the coach but it doesn't mean that we can't have opinions from now and then. My OPINION last season was that Gal was underused and restrained a little much, but didn't mean I was calling for Turgeon's head. I just would like to see him unleashed a little, but if that doesn't fit in Marshall's game plan or if it would be destructive to the team then I understand and won't complain. In fact, this will probably be the only time I post on the subject of Gal and my opinion of how I would enjoy seeing him utilized.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

T

...8)

Hmm, having a hard time with other people's opinions again? This may be a problem you want to look into LOL.

I hardly think I'll be ready to dump Marshall by mid-season LOL. He can play his players however he wants, he's the coach but it doesn't mean that we can't have opinions from now and then. My OPINION last season was that Gal was underused and restrained a little much, but didn't mean I was calling for Turgeon's head. I just would like to see him unleashed a little, but if that doesn't fit in Marshall's game plan or if it would be destructive to the team then I understand and won't complain. In fact, this will probably be the only time I post on the subject of Gal and my opinion of how I would enjoy seeing him utilized.
                          I have zero problems with folks' opinions. Sometimes I have problems with their assumptions, facts, logic and analysis.

Besides, my post above was just to tease the snake man.

Comment

bah...missed it. C'mon KGSO...let's get a podcast!
                            Jocks & Jills
                            3236 N. Rock Rd
                            Wichita, KS 67226
                            316-260-9800
                            http://www.jocks-jills.com
                            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

T

...8)

Wow take some liberties why dont ya. Can you please put some more words in my mouth. Look i dislike cold and it bothers me to agree with him about anything but dont assume im already calling for the coaches head. I'm thrilled with marshall and i trust him to make decisions that are best for the team and i support the decisions he makes. I just think Gal is to talented and to skilled to be wasted. Is he Steve Nash...? No. I would just like to see him get a fair shot. I said nothing about the coach having feet of clay or being clueless. I'm wondering how you would jump to such a conclussion based on the above statements? It really doesnt matter I guess but just for the record you said what you said, and i said what i said, nothing more. Just to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
                                bah...missed it. C'mon KGSO...let's get a podcast!
                                are you wearing the New Loves tomorrow?

The thought crossed my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X