The time has come to step down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come to step down.

After 12 years of running ShockerNet it is time to pass the torch. A number of factors has brought me to this decision. There are things in my personal life that need more of my attention (spirituality, family, friends). And while my passion for Wichita State sports hasn't waned, my passion for developing ShockerNet has. You all deserve someone at the helm who will give the site the attention it deserves.

I can't stress enough that what has made ShockerNet such a great place is the membership and participation of all of you. I've truly enjoyed the years of banter and will continue to do so.

With that said, rather than put the site up for sale to the highest bidder, I wanted to make sure it would fall into good hands. So without further adieu, it is my pleasure to introduce you to your new Grand Poobah, . . . ShockBand!!!

A job well done. Thank you for all your efforts.

Comment

Thanks Royal. Your efforts are very much appreciated by this semi-regular!

Now I just hope Royal or Shockband don't offer any pardons during this transition!

Comment

Thank you for everything you and your staff have done Royal. You've created the greatest message board I've ever been a part of. You've been a great leader on here. I hope everything works out for you.

God Bless.

ShockBand - Don't screw it up :D
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound

Now I just hope Royal or Shockband don't offer any pardons during this transition!
          We will miss your leadership but also have confidence in Shockband. Thanks for your effort and stamina.

As a refresher for me, there were times in the past that we collected donations to maintain the board at this level. Is that all finsihed or is there annual costs to operate the site?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

thanks for all your hard work and dedication Royal. :good:
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
              Originally posted by NCAABound

We will miss your leadership but also have confidence in Shockband. Thanks for your effort and stamina.

As a refresher for me, there were times in the past that we collected donations to maintain the board at this level. Is that all finsihed or is there annual costs to operate the site?
              There are costs, but when we moved away from ezBoard those costs went down drastically and are now covered by Jocks & Jills' sponsorship.

Comment

Thanks for putting up with me the last 4 to 5 years & not banning me. :D

12 years is a long time to run an internet site. Worst part of it has to be getting the money secured each month to keep the site going.

Enjoy life beyond the computer. 8)

Comment

Thanks Royal... you're the man! :good:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Royal Shock,

Thanks for many years of service to Shocker Nation and for me the personal enjoyment I get from ShockerNet each day.

Since I've been a member of ShockerNet, both current and the previous EZBoard incantation, this board has been the most fair and most professionally run message board on which I've participated - rule with an iron fist within a velvet glove. You and your team have given posters the latitude to express their opinions within the stated guidelines and you've handled problems fairly and professionally. This has allowed a free discourse between Shocker fans with a broad range of loyalties and opinions to keep the board lively. Well done, sir!

Thanks again, and KEEP SHOCKIN'!!!!!

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Thanks for the site.
                      Best of luck in your future.

Comment

Ditto to all the above.

Comment

You've done a great job. You've provided a lot of people (myself included) with a great many hours of enjoyment. Best of luck in all future endeavors!!

Comment

Royal,
                            You've created a influential monster that draws posters and lurkers alike. It's also provided an outlet for those to cheer during the good times and vent during the not so good.
                            The policing of certain posts is an item of contention, but has been expertly handled. It has resulted in consistent credibility and warded off those who would attempt to downgrade the site.
                            Thank you for all of your time and efforts. :good:
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Royal: Thanks for all your efforts. I hope you continue to post here as the urge strikes. Please contact me if you happen to be in town and wish to meet for lunch. (Your people can contact my people. :D )

SB: Thanks for picking up the torch. Do we have to tell you which instrements we played in junior high before we can post? :( :lol:
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X