Shockers' staff ranked 5th out of MVC staffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers' staff ranked 5th out of MVC staffs

Hello Shocker fans, this is my first post on this board but I am a regular on SalukiTalk and I run my own Salukis website and blog. I came over here to post a link for a blog entry I wanted some feedback on. I ranked all of the coaching staffs in the MVC based on experience, success, and previous work and the Shockers came in 5th out of the 10 league teams.

Read the entry here: http://gosalukis.webs.com/

If you all want, I can continue to post links for blog entries that concern the Shockers.

sure go ahead, IMO tho, i think you will have the shocker staff ranked bit higher at this time next year.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

O and Marty Gross has only been at WSU for 2 seasons
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        sure go ahead, IMO tho, i think you will have the shocker staff ranked bit higher at this time next year.
        Maybe...It just goes on success and wins in league play and experience. Your staff has a ton of experience but Marshall hasn't done too much since taking over.

Up next, I am ranking the facilites.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsalukifan
          Originally posted by newshock1234
          Maybe...It just goes on success and wins in league play and experience. Your staff has a ton of experience but Marshall hasn't done too much since taking over.

Up next, I am ranking the facilites.
          Considering the crazy amount of over turnovers and such, he's done a lot of good from what he had to work with.

Comment

I thought those were pretty accurate and fair.

Thanks for the outside analysis.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Regarding facilities.

No contest.

Shockers win! Shockers win!
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Bigsalukifan

Maybe you could list the coaches overall records and winning percentages. Also, their salaries.

I think this would be interesting information for your readers.

Btw, good job!

Comment

Upward and onward. :goshocks:

Comment

Thanks for the info. Its allways fun to read things like this. Question, how can you rank places like CU that doesnt have a home gym? Just wondering, not being hateful!
                    " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Not trying to be a "homer" about this, but so many of the current head coaches have short tenures in the Valley. Their short term success (or lack there of) probably had a lot to do with the state of the program at the time they took over. How many returning players for both junior and senior classes, quality of returning freshmen now sophmores, quality of incoming recruited class from the previous coach. The better the state of the program at the time of transition, the more likely for quick success. Time will then come in to play on just how successful they really are.

Some people were a bit surprised at the coaching change at Ill St because of the recent quality of recruiting classes and the previous coach not having a chance to develop those classes. No doubt they were a boost for Jankovich. On the other hand, one might have concern over Lowery's recent performance now that the Weber era is fully worn off. Personally, I think he'll do fine.

If you are indeed looking at "quality" of head coaches and their staffs, and they've had a short tenure in the Valley, much more value should be placed on their total body of work. Number of D1 wins, winning %, championships, and post season appearances and wins, along with quality assistant positions they've held. For assistant coaches, head coaching experience, number of years coaching at D1 level, and the programs they've been associated with. There is no doubt that there are high expectations for Marshall and his staff given their backgrounds. As a Shocker fan, the good thing is, no one has higher expectations than Marshall himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        Not trying to be a "homer" about this, but so many of the current head coaches have short tenures in the Valley. Their short term success (or lack there of) probably had a lot to do with the state of the program at the time they took over. How many returning players for both junior and senior classes, quality of returning freshmen now sophmores, quality of incoming recruited class from the previous coach. The better the state of the program at the time of transition, the more likely for quick success. Time will then come in to play on just how successful they really are.

Some people were a bit surprised at the coaching change at Ill St because of the recent quality of recruiting classes and the previous coach not having a chance to develop those classes. No doubt they were a boost for Jankovich. On the other hand, one might have concern over Lowery's recent performance now that the Weber era is fully worn off. Personally, I think he'll do fine.

If you are indeed looking at "quality" of head coaches and their staffs, and they've had a short tenure in the Valley, much more value should be placed on their total body of work. Number of D1 wins, winning %, championships, and post season appearances and wins, along with quality assistant positions they've held. For assistant coaches, head coaching experience, number of years coaching at D1 level, and the programs they've been associated with. There is no doubt that there are high expectations for Marshall and his staff given their backgrounds. As a Shocker fan, the good thing is, no one has higher expectations than Marshall himself.
                        Very good points. Jank walked into about as good a situation as possible. No matter who was coaching the 'Birds they were expected to do pretty well and contend based off of talent alone.

I will say though, what Marshall has brought in to Wichita the past few seasons is quite inspiring. The future looks very bright 8)
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Keno Davis walked into a better situation than did Jank.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by shocklight
                            Bigsalukifan

Maybe you could list the coaches overall records and winning percentages. Also, their salaries.

I think this would be interesting information for your readers.

Btw, good job!
                            Shocklight,

Thanks for the input and thanks to everyone else for reading it and commenting. I was trying to list winning percentages and records but apparently the school's sites don't update until the season rolls around. I didn't want to trust too many other outside sources either.

Comment

Are the coaches ranked much different than how their team finished? It would be interesting to discuss the disparities.

Comment

Working...
                              X