Jack Crowder to SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Crowder to SIU

There are rumors that Jack Crowder (from Southeast HS? and Crowley College) is coming to SIU next year. What can some of you local Wichita folks tell us about him?

never heard of a crowley college?
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Re: Jack Crowder to SIU

Originally posted by SalukiBand
      There are rumors that Jack Crowder (from Southeast HS? and Crowley College) is coming to SIU next year. What can some of you local Wichita folks tell us about him?
      Above average high school player.

I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is a barn burner. Probably a role player.

If he was a player to write home about, KSU, KU and WSU would have pursued him. To my knowledge, none have.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Correction: It's Cowley Community College. I guess it's local?

Comment

Originally posted by SalukiBand
          Correction: It's Cowley Community College. I guess it's local?
          Yes it is just south of Wichita. Steve Eck was the coach there until moving to Hutch after this past season, so, while I don't think WSU had any interest in him at any point, he certainly wasn't going to be on our radar after going JUCO.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Rivals shows interest from Ball State, Fresno State, Northwestern St., Tennessee St., and Central Arkansas but no offers.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Crowder indeed headed to SIU.

Averaged 20.6 ppg to lead the Jayhawk Conference last year and over 7 boards as well.

Expected to compete for playing time next year.

Comment

Must have been one of those guys that developed after HS. The name doesn't ring a bell.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

and neither do the other SIU's recruits this year.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Perhaps he is a diamond in the rough? Of I course I wish the kid well when he's not playing my beloved Shocks.

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Dude can play... I am surprised by the lack of exposure you guys have had to him. 20 and 7 a game is no fluke... but i feel you guys are right, that may not translate to much at SIU
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Jack IS something to write about, he is a player. Really is too bad about the lack of exposure for him in his hometown. No clue why Rivals didn't mention TCU, SIU got a great pick up, great kid...
                        2007 Kansas All-State
                        2009 Juco All American Honorable Mention

Comment

He is a friend of a friend and ive played against him several times. Jack is a jumper and a shot blocker.

He can't shoot, more of a slasher, but isnt depended on to take the game winning shot, but to stop the game winning shot.

Which tells you he is more of a defensive player rather then a scorer.
                          D-FISH #11

Comment

Originally posted by D-Fish
                            He is a friend of a friend and ive played against him several times. Jack is a jumper and a shot blocker.

He can't shoot, more of a slasher, but isnt depended on to take the game winning shot, but to stop the game winning shot.

Which tells you he is more of a defensive player rather then a scorer.
                            sounds like a SIU type of player
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Yeah, no one wants to *$%& with Coach Marshall...more then likely Coach Marshall will get fired this year because his lack of progress. Has great players (played with the new recruits this summer at the arena) and can't seem to coach them.

i.e.: lol, A.J. Hawkins. I guess he thought the Valley was a joke, but we had a conversation and I think he went public with this. He stated: "I can score when ever I want, but I didn't come to Wichita State for that, I came to play defense, when I am called to score, I'll take the game over."

A.J. can't really hoop! Foreal Foreal! (My opinion!)
                              D-FISH #11

Comment

Working...
                              X