No announcement yet.

COACH MARSHALL--THE PROFILE OF A WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was glad Turgeon left before Schaus did. I knew he could hire another great coach for WSU. He has done such a great job as AD at WSU. He has hired so many great coaches for WSU athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
      I was glad Turgeon left before Schaus did. I knew he could hire another great coach for WSU. He has done such a great job as AD at WSU. He has hired so many great coaches for WSU athletics.
      Except 1. There is still a black cloud looming over one program.

Comment

hhhhmmmm....women's hoops??????????

Comment

I was thinking the program that got in trouble by the NCAA.

Comment

cheerleaders?

Comment

cheerleaders

The cheerleaders aren't part of the athletic department. They are managed by someone in the rec center.

Comment

When Schaus hired our Women's coach it seemed like a really good hire. She had previous sucess, and who knows maybe she will turn it around....Still though, only one bad hire is pretty dang good!

Comment

Jane was not, is not and never will be a bad hire or a bad coach. She may not have been as successful on the court as anyone wanted but the program is clean and things are being done the right way.

Howard Schnellenberger was a bad hire at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Let's first take a quick look back and forever move forward. Last year we were number 8 in the Nation, then came NO veva Las Vegas, and then then the nose dive. Coach T heads South and we all become surly here on Shocker Net. Yikes!!! The sky was falling--but never fear--in walks Coach Gregg Marshall. Now would we really want it any other way? He is obviously a class act, a tireless worker, and a winner. Why is that? Many of us have played sports. Just think back and reflect of the best Coach you ever played for. What made that Coach different than the others?

First of all, HCGM is a persuasive motivater. Some Coaches can get every drop of effort and performance from players and teams. How do they do that? They earn their respect and show they care about them as a person. They work extremely hard coaching and this work ethic becomes contagious. They also reward those who produce. Throw the politics out the window. Winners play the best players as long as they are following team rules and guidelines, are playing smart team-ball and playing hard.

Next, I think of preparation. Marshall demands that his players get in tip-top shape. He insists on players finding the time to work on strengths and weaknesses on their own time as well. What happens when you play competitors that are out-working you and are more prepared or in better shape? L_L_L and Coach Marshall would probably prefer experiencing a root canal over losing a game from not being prepared.

Coach Marshall also has surrounded himself with gifted Coaches that will assist this Program in being successful. Our recruiting thus-far exceeds my expectations so early on. However, this is not an accident. Look at the depth and talent he brought into Winthrop. Our Sweet 16 year, was it not Winthrop that had Tennessee on the ropes and was beaten by a prayer from the deep corner right before the buzzer? Oh well, we took care of Tennessee for you Coach Marshall. His teams play hard and have a shot to win, even at an unfriendly place like North Carolina that is loaded with talent.

In conclusion, Coach Gregg Marshall is a class act and we are about to reap the chills and thrills of an exciting new era in WSU hoops. This is Shocker Country and we have the right Coach leading us to greener pastures in our search for the basketball Promised Land. I could say more more but if I do not hit the submit button, the buzzer will time me out again---and I hate it when that happens. :D
                    Thought this deserved a bump 10 years and 6 straight tournaments later

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian View Post
                      I propose a bronze statue of Coach be made outside of Koch Arena!
                      Prophecy alert

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Howard Schnellenberger was a bad hire at OU.
                        Schnellenberger? I barely knew her!
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Lets just rename the court after him. Gregg Marshall Court inside Charles Koch Arena!
                          Prophecy alert #2

Comment

It's hard to believe there was a ever a time when Marshall was an unknown. This thread is great.

Comment

👍👍👍👍

Comment

Straight cash HOMIES!!!!!!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X