Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Originally posted by shockmonster
    I hope that they keep the costs in balance. I have been attending games for almost 40 years as a young kid with my parents and then as an adult. I have a lot of loyalty for the university but I have limited funds and if I have to choose, there are a few other priorities that come before WSU. I know some other season ticket holders who were just a part of the program the past three or four years. This year (while they had more than enough money), they decided that it took away from other entertainment and travel options and they didn't have the time to do it all so they didn't renew. While I can pay a little more, and I don't mind sitting high for lower priced tickets, there may come a time that I can't afford the high price on a fixed income. I have gone to many games when WSU lost but I was loyal. Just because someone has the money, doesn't make them a good and loyal fan. Again, I am just saying that there should be balance in this equation.
    To give you comfort, the lady, who baked cookies for the players, since the Ralph Miller days, lost her prime seat and now sits in the rafters.

Money will drive all decisions. Loyalty is never considered. For evidence, just review the last process. Before the re-seating, AD Schaus could have told each existing ticket holder the amount of money required to keep and renew their seats. He did not. Instead, he auctioned off the seats to the highest bidder.

Always remember George Fahnestock's famous quote, "There are some very good seats available, if you can write the check."
    Don't get me started on george. That tool has tried to take my families seats before and almost got his way. I assure you though we were not about to let that happen. I dont care for him or his attitude. I dont care how much he has donated to the university. He can kiss my ass and so can his tude. moving on now...

Comment

Ive been on the waiting list since Feb of this year.

Hopefully something comes along soon

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
        Let's face it, if the success is sustained, WSU needs to do a RoundHouse Renaissance II. Raise the roof, add about 3,000 more seats and then put the roof back on. Oklahoma State did this very thing.
        Raising the roof doesn't add seats. It adds a wall above the existing seats.

To expand Koch, you've got to increase the diameter of the bowl.

New roof support structures have to be built. A new and completely redesigned roof has to be built. The bowl would probably extend to the edge of the current concourse, so a completely new concourse would be required.

Only people less than 30 years old should expect to see an expansion of Koch in their lifetime.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          Let's face it, if the success is sustained, WSU needs to do a RoundHouse Renaissance II. Raise the roof, add about 3,000 more seats and then put the roof back on. Oklahoma State did this very thing.

New roof support structures have to be built. A new and completely redesigned roof has to be built. The bowl would probably extend to the edge of the current concourse, so a completely new concourse would be required.

Only people less than 30 years old should expect to see an expansion of Koch in their lifetime.
          If I was one year old, I would not expect a Koch Arena expansion in my lifetime.

Many, many studies have been performed on the expansion idea. All have the same result. It is not feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
            Originally posted by Aargh

If I was one year old, I would not expect a Koch Arena expansion in my lifetime.

Many, many studies have been performed on the expansion idea. All have the same result. It is not feasible.
            It would probably be cheaper to build a whole new arena than make this one bigger. If it was feasible, they would have done it when they redid the arena a few years ago. If WSU ever gets to the point that they require 13000+ seats for games, there will be this eyesore that will be hardly used downtown that they could play games in.

Comment

I believe I read somewhere, Ralph Miller lobbied for more seating in Levitt during the planning stage. But it was decided to build the structure in such a way, that if they needed more seating in the future, the roof could be raised, and an upper deck could be added. But I think JS has stated, the cost of doing so would be astronomical. But I may be wrong about all of this.

I would prefer to see the Shocks stay on campus and play in a sold out house with a waiting list for tickets, than to ever play off site. Even for the biggest games.
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks
                But I may be wrong about all of this.
                You are, but I am not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  there will be this eyesore that will be hardly used downtown that they could play games in.
                  That attitude is pure 'Ta.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                    Originally posted by rrshock
                    there will be this eyesore that will be hardly used downtown that they could play games in.
                    That attitude is pure 'Ta.
                    I know it is. I really don't think that, but it should have quite a few open dates for a big game or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X