Kentucky lands John Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky lands John Wall

Top point guard recruit John Wall has told Kentucky coach John Calipari that he will sign with the Wildcats over Miami and Duke, according to multiple sources.

With the recruiting class that Calipari add already signed, and Patrick Patterson and Jody Meeks returning, what should people expect out of Kentucky next year?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

What's his status on the B&E? I figured because of that it might be a bit longer before he was able to settle on a school.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      What's his status on the B&E? I figured because of that it might be a bit longer before he was able to settle on a school.
      It's a misdemeanor charge like a traffic ticket, doesn't seem to me like a big deal.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Maybe not to you but there were some schools that backed away a bit because of it.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The article said that if Meeks returns they will be at 17 schollies, 4 over.

Comment

Southern schools have always had a problem with simple math when it comes to scholarships. Look at OU and Texas T in baseball within the last few years.

Comment

Re: Kentucky lands John Wall

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4178271

With the recruiting class that Calipari add already signed, and Patrick Patterson and Jody Meeks returning, what should people expect out of Kentucky next year?
              Kentucky will be very good next year. they will compete for the SEC title. In my humble opiion. they will make the tourney and win atleast one of not two or three games.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Maybe not to you but there were some schools that backed away a bit because of it.
                Who backed away after the incident that had a chance to land him?
                -John Wooden

Comment

At least he didn't go to KU
                  Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I'm betting that the person who wished Kentucky had backed off John Wall the most is Eric Bledsoe.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Re: Kentucky lands John Wall

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4178271

For starters, how about getting their ass whipped by the Shockers in post season play! :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        The article said that if Meeks returns they will be at 17 schollies, 4 over.
                        Three current players on the Kentucky squad are in questionable academic standing. John Wall has not yet received his test scores back and there are some questions about his core curriculium.

I would love to see us beat them in the dance. Especially since I think they probably will not get beat until the final four.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Kansas probably pulled out of this awhile back, and put their focus on Henry and Stephenson, who still hasn't signed.

If they land Stephenson KU will be the team to beat next season, if they already aren't.

Comment

From what I understand, KU pulled off Wall a long time ago and has done the same with Stephenson. I'm not sure what's happened, but Stephenson doesn't have a lot of options left from what I've been hearing.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Kentucky is making space by releasing 3 players.

6'7 Sophomore Forward A.J. Stewart and 6'3 Freshman Guard Donald Williams would probably be good pickups for a Mid-Major program.
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X