No announcement yet.

MVC Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the rest of the Valley but...

Wichita St. = 2nd without Nigerian.
    Wichita St. = 1st with Nigerian :clap:

There are simply no other scenarios possible. :wsu_posters:
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
      Originally posted by tgcshock
      2nd Tier- CU (Altman and tons of young talent but lack of proven shooting and point guard play make this a year too soon), UNI (International play boost and winning system, although I too have questions about coaching and the loss of Stout), Ill St. (Talent but no proven winners and a coach that doesn't yet know what the Valley is all about). Again any of them could finish in any order and with a little luck could break the top four but odds are against it.
      I realize predictions are a person's opinion, so I rarely comment on them. In this case, you have one thing wrong about Creighton though. While they may have a "lack of proven shooting", they do not have a lack of point guard play. Dotzler returns for his Jr. season. He started all games his freshman year until going down with an unjury at SIU. Last year he battled to recover from the SIU injury as well as some broken fingers that required surgical repairs. He is now healthy (knock on wood) and when he has been healthy, he has been one of the best floor generals in the conference.

This may or may not have any effect on your rankings, but just thought I'd clear up the PG situation.
      Appreciate the comments. Forgot that Dotzler's problems last year were due to injury. Of the four I listed as 2nd tier, there is no question in my mind that CU is in the best position to be a 1st tier team if everything comes together right for them. I'm still of the opinion that next year is likely to be CU's year rather than this one, but as I said at the beginning, the Valley has seldom been more wide open and so all of us Valley fans (except for the bottom tier teams) have real legitimate reasons for optimism.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
        I don't know about the rest of the Valley but...

Wichita St. = 2nd without Nigerian.
        Wichita St. = 1st with Nigerian :clap:

There are simply no other scenarios possible. :wsu_posters:
        He has a name...Orukpe [corrected]
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu

He has a name...Orupke.

Apparently, he has two names, as no one seems to be able to keep straight whether it's Orukpe or Orupke (including Paul Suellentrop in the Eagle, although he seems to have gotten it figured out now).

:D
          There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek
            Originally posted by im4wsu

He has a name...Orupke.

Apparently, he has two names, as no one seems to be able to keep straight whether it's Orukpe or Orupke (including Paul Suellentrop in the Eagle, although he seems to have gotten it figured out now).

:D
            I sit corrected...thanks!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
              doesn't missouri state's mitchell look like Ice-T?

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Ice...p=mss&ei=UTF-8
              he's a dead ringer for earthworm jim

Comment

I think he looks like that guy who ran off with Jim Carrey's wife in Me, Myself and Irene :yahoo:

Practice started 31min ago :D
                Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek
                  Apparently, he has two names, as no one seems to be able to keep straight whether it's Orukpe or Orupke (including Paul Suellentrop in the Eagle, although he seems to have gotten it figured out now). :D
                  Indeed...hence why I played it "safe". :)

I hiate misppelieng poepls nemas. lol
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

That's why I just stick with Ehimen. Although I think I've got Orukpe down now.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

1. Southern Illinois
                      2. Bradley
                      3. Wichita State
                      4. Illinois State
                      5. Creighton
                      6. Missouri State
                      7. Evansville
                      8. Northern Iowa
                      9. Indiana State
                      10. Drake

Comment

1 - SIU - This is almost a curse for SIU - it makes Lowery and next year's recruiting class very attractive to big-budget programs.

2 - BU - The arrival of Beuscher (asst coach hired before the S16 run) changed Les from a weak game coach to a strong X-O guy. If Beuscher's retirement hurts game planning and in-game strategies, BU could have a problem

3 - MSU - The departure of Bilyeu may hurt worse than the departure of Ahearn, but they've got enough talent returning. Hinson is on the brink and may be able to coach MSU to a lower finish.

4 - WSU - A lot needs to work out right for this to happen. I'm afraid Clemente may be a foul machine with MVC officiating. When Clemente is on the bench it could require moving players out of position.

5 - CU - Altman may will his team to a higher finish. He's done that before, but CU lost a lot from last year.

6 - IlSt - Could finish higher. They've got some talent. New coach has no head coaching experience.

7 - UNI - Hate to put them this low, but 2 (or 3) through 7 is pretty much a crap shoot and somebody has to get the #7 pick.

8 - InSt - Just because DU and UE are worse.

9 - DU - Keno Davis? I'd pick DU lower but I can't

10 - UE - The cupboard isn't just bare - it's been stolen.

Note on IlSt: Dyer and Sampay both got DUI's over the summer. Neither is getting any basketball-related penalties. Both are getting some "assignments they have to complete". Link - http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...d874328693.txt

In a very close race for 2 (or 3) through 7, 2 players who have demonstrated lack of discipline in following "rules" is a problem for Ilst. The soft penalties may create chemistry issues with those who follow the rules.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                          1 - SIU - This is almost a curse for SIU - it makes Lowery and next year's recruiting class very attractive to big-budget programs.

2 - BU - The arrival of Beuscher (asst coach hired before the S16 run) changed Les from a weak game coach to a strong X-O guy. If Beuscher's retirement hurts game planning and in-game strategies, BU could have a problem

3 - MSU - The departure of Bilyeu may hurt worse than the departure of Ahearn, but they've got enough talent returning. Hinson is on the brink and may be able to coach MSU to a lower finish.

4 - WSU - A lot needs to work out right for this to happen. I'm afraid Clemente may be a foul machine with MVC officiating. When Clemente is on the bench it could require moving players out of position.

5 - CU - Altman may will his team to a higher finish. He's done that before, but CU lost a lot from last year.

6 - IlSt - Could finish higher. They've got some talent. New coach has no head coaching experience.
                          7 - UNI - Hate to put them this low, but 2 (or 3) through 7 is pretty much a crap shoot and somebody has to get the #7 pick.

8 - InSt - Just because DU and UE are worse.

9 - DU - Keno Davis? I'd pick DU lower but I can't

10 - UE - The cupboard isn't just bare - it's been stolen.

Note on IlSt: Dyer and Sampay both got DUI's over the summer. Neither is getting any basketball-related penalties. Both are getting some "assignments they have to complete". Link - http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...d874328693.txt

In a very close race for 2 (or 3) through 7, 2 players who have demonstrated lack of discipline in following "rules" is a problem for Ilst. The soft penalties may create chemistry issues with those who follow the rules.
                          Not trying to nitpick, but Coach Jankovich was the Head Coach at North Texas for 4 seasons and then was coach for 2 years at a JUCO power (can't remember the name). He does have HC experience. Been about 10 years though.

Comment

The Juco power was my other alma mater, Hutchinson CC.

Comment

You guys think this is Lowery's last year as SIU's head coach?

Comment

no

Comment

Working...
                                X