Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Talks Business

Story on Shockwaves

Some nice tidbits there. I have a very good feeling about the not too distant future
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He can talk about beating Creighton all day, every day as far as I'm concerned.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock

Talk is cheap. Hey, I love HCGM, but how many coaches have come in here and say we are going to beat CU? And all the while, CU consistently finishes in the top 2 of the conference each year and dominates us. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

I'm not worried
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

Talk is cheap. Hey, I love HCGM, but how many coaches have come in here and say we are going to beat CU? And all the while, CU consistently finishes in the top 2 of the conference each year and dominates us. Actions speak louder than words.
            Looking briefly at the few games Marshall has had against sCUm, I'm thinking his teams have been the most competitive thus far.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We wiped the floor with them when we were playing some of our worst basketball, and if Woodfox wasn't given a few extra tenths to get that shot off we take 2 of 3.

I wouldn't call that "dominating" us...
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

CU will fall to The Shocks this year, count on it!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                  We wiped the floor with them when we were playing some of our worst basketball, and if Woodfox wasn't given a few extra tenths to get that shot off we take 2 of 3.

I wouldn't call that "dominating" us...
                  Huh? They take two of three from us this past season, they have a what? 20 game winning streak against us at their place? In the past 20 years, don't I think we have won less than 8 games against them. I call that being dominated by them.

Comment

Thank you for that dose of reality, Killjoy. If I wanted a statistical analysis of the mean finishing positions of WSU and CU over their tenure in the MVC I would have done it myself. The point of my post being that I highly dislike Creighton and enjoy seeing them lose, hearing about them losing, and hearing about possible future losses they might incur.

Comment

Marshall is different. Things are changing
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Thank you for that dose of reality, Killjoy. If I wanted a statistical analysis of the mean finishing positions of WSU and CU over their tenure in the MVC I would have done it myself. The point of my post being that I highly dislike Creighton and enjoy seeing them lose, hearing about them losing, and hearing about possible future losses they might incur.

HCGM saying that he intends on beating CU on a regular basis in the future? Well duh? If he wasn't saying something like that then I'd be concerned. Like I said, scoreboard rules the day and CU has it. But I'm with you, I share no love for CU and look forward to the day when we can turn the tables on these guys and start our own 20 year of dominance streak.

Comment

HCGM saying that he intends on beating CU on a regular basis in the future? Well duh? If he wasn't saying something like that then I'd be concerned. Like I said, scoreboard rules the day and CU has it. But I'm with you, I share no love for CU and look forward to the day when we can turn the tables on these guys and start our own 20 year of dominance streak.
                          Since Coach Marshall came to town, we've played Creighton head-to-head 5 times. In those five games combined, we're down 5 points to them. They've won 3 (2 at CU, 1 at WSU), we've won 1 (at WSU), and the final game is a complete joke, so let's just wipe that one off.

Consider that after what Coach Marshall has had to build from when he arrived. I think he's proving that he wants to beat CU, just as much as he's saying it, or did you not watch this past year?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

Since Coach Marshall came to town, we've played Creighton head-to-head 5 times. In those five games combined, we're down 5 points to them. They've won 3 (2 at CU, 1 at WSU), we've won 1 (at WSU), and the final game is a complete joke, so let's just wipe that one off.

Consider that after what Coach Marshall has had to build from when he arrived. I think he's proving that he wants to beat CU, just as much as he's saying it, or did you not watch this past year?
                            So what you are telling me is that CU has beat us 4 out of 5 times under GM's tenure and GM wants to beat CU on a regular basis. Thanks Captain Obvious, I'm glad you clarified the facts.

Comment

HCGM will develop the team to the point that the Shockers WILL start beating CU on a regular basis. I think considering what he had to work with (talent wise) from the start, he's done a good job to be competitive with them. He's got the depth of talent now. He justs needs to develop them now. I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know if that will be this year or next. My best guess is the 2010/11 season, but I hope I'm being conservative.

Comment

Working...
                              X