Clear All

• 0 skollies left

see recruiting page, now we are full

Re: 0 skollies left

Originally posted by pinstripers
    see recruiting page, now we are full
    :yahoo: :clap: :good:

Comment

No more scholly for next year too (unless someone leaves).
      :) ;-) :(
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
        Who is using Hannah's scholly then?
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus
          the african that the guy from missouri doesnt want to see play.

sorry im feeling fiesty

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus
            :poster_eo: :yahoo:

Comment

'Tis true. As it stands right now, we're done for 2010, assuming Orukpe re-signs in November.

But I would still expect that someone will leave during/after next season. It just seems to be the way things work nowadays.

Comment

The future

I'm delighted to see the guard situation apparently in good hands for a while, and I also hope and expect to see Orukpe in Shocker colors after next year.

Still, that will leave me, at least, wondering about two main questions:

1. What will happen with Raphael Akpejiori, the next Nigerian nightmare currently a junior (I think) at Sunrise? Will he be good enough to want as a Shocker, as it sounds like he may be? And if so, and if the Shocks have an in with him based on his being in town already and his relationship with Orukpe, where's the spot for him? Something would have to open up unless he goes on to yet another prep school -- and how long can you keep a guy in prep schools?

2. Who plays small forward? If Coy can keep up defensively -- and it seems that Arizona State thought he might be able to -- he could be the answer. Or maybe Richardson will grow another couple of inches. Otherwise, it's Hatch or someone 6-3 or 6-4 -- which may be okay; Illnois went almost a whole year undefeated not long ago while starting three guys 6-4 and under. But it's the one obvious potential gap on the roster with no room to fill it for a couple of years.

On the other hand, these aren't bad problems to have...

Comment

Re: The future

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                  I'm delighted to see the guard situation apparently in good hands for a while, and I also hope and expect to see Orukpe in Shocker colors after next year.

1. What will happen with Raphael Akpejiori, the next Nigerian nightmare currently a junior (I think) at Sunrise? Will he be good enough to want as a Shocker, as it sounds like he may be? And if so, and if the Shocks have an in with him based on his being in town already and his relationship with Orukpe, where's the spot for him? Something would have to open up unless he goes on to yet another prep school -- and how long can you keep a guy in prep schools?

2. Who plays small forward? If Coy can keep up defensively -- and it seems that Arizona State thought he might be able to -- he could be the answer. Or maybe Richardson will grow another couple of inches. Otherwise, it's Hatch or someone 6-3 or 6-4 -- which may be okay; Illnois went almost a whole year undefeated not long ago while starting three guys 6-4 and under. But it's the one obvious potential gap on the roster with no room to fill it for a couple of years.

1. As I alluded to above, there always seems to be an unexpected departure.

2. I think Hatch/Richardson are our guys at SF. Murry and Kyles can fill in, if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

1. As I alluded to above, there always seems to be an unexpected departure.

2. I think Hatch/Richardson are our guys at SF. Murry and Kyles can fill in, if needed.
                    I think that, at least for the first semester, you will see Murry more than Richardson, giving Hatch a breather.

Comment

I expect Coy to fill that role much of his career here.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The secret is out on Raphael :(
                        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

I would keep a close eye on DK to admirably fill the time AJH consumed @ the 3 spot. He has the ability and could be the next big thing. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                            I would keep a close eye on DK to admirably fill the time AJH consumed @ the 3 spot. He has the ability and could be the next big thing. 8)
                            It wouldn't surprise me
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I expect DK to work his tail off over the summer and earn that 3 spot before the start of the year.

I will be very disappointed in his missed opportunity if he doesn't.

Hannah, Murry, Kyles, Blair, Durley. Solid.
                              Manigault, Williams, Hatch (Coy), Ellis, Stutz. Solid.

Richardson and Hamilton I see as possible RS candidates. Hamilton to continue to develop, and Richardson due to fact still only 17.

Comment

Working...
                              X