• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get the platinum star Shockair.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      And no, turgeon always did his best to temper expectations. Marshall doesn't appear afraid of the expectations, he seems to take it head on. I think it has to do with the mentality...to Turgeon we were just another Mid-Major, I think Marshall thinks higher of us at the start of his career here than Turgeon did.
      When asked about expectations HCGM said no one has higher expectations of the team than he does, so he never feels that presser from outside sources.

Comment

I wonder if he actually meant "start" as in be a starter in the game or "start" as in start practicing?

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
          I wonder if he actually meant "start" as in be a starter in the game or "start" as in start practicing?
          HCGM exact words were that Orukpe would be the starting center in the game and that would be the game at UMKC on Dec. 15th. :yahoo:
          "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
          --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Shockair
            HCGM exact words were that Orukpe would be the starting center in the game and that would be the game at UMKC on Dec. 15th. :yahoo:
            Well, that's pretty obvious what that means then.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockair
              I think it’s important to keep things in context. Things change throughout the season. There is an ebb and flow, especially when you are relying upon starting players with no D-1 experience. If by mid-December the frontcourt is playing like dogdoo and getting pounded then sure it’s a no-brainer. Now if some of the new guys are playing well and holding their own in the paint then the coaches might think twice about a redshirt. It seems reasonable to me that given the appropriate time you would reevaluate the situation involving so many unproven variables. I could say much more and I’m probably going to be labeled as an idiot for posting this but it’s best to respect the confidentiality of private conversations.

Comment

...to Turgeon we were just another Mid-Major
                I never heard Coach Turgeon say that we were just another mid-major. When did he say it?

I could say much more and I’m probably going to be labeled as an idiot for posting this but it’s best to respect the confidentiality of private conversations.
                What does this sentence mean?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  I never heard Coach Turgeon say that we were just another mid-major. When did he say it?

I could say much more and I’m probably going to be labeled as an idiot for posting this but it’s best to respect the confidentiality of private conversations.

Thanks.
                  He may not have said those exact words, but that is my interpretation of how I think he felt. No one else has to feel that way, obviously some of the Turgeon appologists will challenge those feelings. I'm not against Turgeon and appreciate what he helped do for the program and wish him the best of luck, but the guy isn't perfect either.

All I was saying was that the 2 coaches obviously have a different mentality and it's a little refreshing to have a new outlook.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

Thanks.
                    He may not have said those exact words, but that is my interpretation of how I think he felt. No one else has to feel that way, obviously some of the Turgeon appologists will challenge those feelings. I'm not against Turgeon and appreciate what he helped do for the program and wish him the best of luck, but the guy isn't perfect either.

All I was saying was that the 2 coaches obviously have a different mentality and it's a little refreshing to have a new outlook.
                    Well, I am not a Coach Turgeon apologist, particularly about the Denzel Washington recruiting matter.

However, it gets a little old to read folks petty sniping about Coach Turgeon, when the snipes are not fact based.

Comment

Thanks.

Well, I am not a Coach Turgeon apologist, particularly about the Denzel Washington recruiting matter.

However, it gets a little old to read folks petty sniping about Coach Turgeon, when the snipes are not fact based.
                      It's a message board, since when is anything fact based? You see, when you come on a message board you get.....OPINIONS....which is what I stated. I'm not right OR wrong...and either are you.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

MT recruited Denzel Washington?
                        No way!
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Thanks.

It's a message board, since when is anything fact based? You see, when you come on a message board you get.....OPINIONS....which is what I stated. I'm not right OR wrong...and either are you.
                          I did not realize fact based statements were prohibited, discouraged or unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            MT recruited Denzel Washington?
                            No way!
                            I remember the Titans.

Comment

Thanks.

I did not realize fact based statements were prohibited, discouraged or unexpected.
                              Not at all, but you expect too much if you think you will only get facts on a message board LOL. Get used to the comparisons at least for this year Ricky...going to hear alot of them...the good and the bad.

Comment

shockerfan,
                                You are so off base I can't even begin to debate it with you. I'll just say...Ricky is never afraid to throw criticism where he sees the need.
                                Your opinion is wrong...flat wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X