St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis

I'm really worried about this Saturday. I booked my hotel and flight to come into St. Louis on Friday morning. I thought for sure Evansville and Drake would totally choke their way into Thursday night. This conference race is ridiculous.

One thing I've noticed about the Valley over the past 10-15 years. The Shox have NEVER been able to rely on other schools in the conference to help us out.

Why would they start now?

As has been stated on this board, we still control our own destiny to finish 5th. Let's focus on that.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
      One thing I've noticed about the Valley over the past 10-15 years. The Shox have NEVER been able to rely on other schools in the conference to help us out.

As has been stated on this board, we still control our own destiny to finish 5th. Let's focus on that.
      Actually we did get a little help down the stretch when we won the conference title outright in the 05-06 season. But generally, it sure seems that way.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

Actually we did get a little help down the stretch when we won the conference title outright in the 05-06 season. But generally, it sure seems that way.
        Was that the year Evansville knocked of Creighton on Senior night?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan

It was Drake. But we had already won the conference by 2 full games anyways.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by Dan

It was actually Missouri State, but I'm sure you're happy to be wrong again. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
              Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Originally posted by Dan

It was actually Missouri State, but I'm sure you're happy to be wrong again. :good:
              Thanks buddy. I was wrong. I was thinking of the 2002 CU Senior Night chokejob against Drake where they blew their chance to tie SIU for the regular season title. I remember it well...

unlike the 2006 game, when the CU-MSU game was meaningless as WSU had already clinched with their win. That's my excuse for not remembering.. :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
              X