So ?? how unrealistic is it ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ?? how unrealistic is it ??

To think this team , playing the ball there playing right now could actually go against history and win 3 in the Lou ??
    We know they are capable of beating any of the valley best , So why not ??

:goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :wsu_posters: :goshocks:
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Re: So ?? how unrealistic is it ??

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
    So why not ??
    To answer your question....Because we have a terrible history in the MVC Tourney...Because we've only won 3 games in a row once this year against D1 opponents and that was at home...Because we're 1-2 on neutral courts...

All that said, it is probably unrealistic to expect us to win, but with how crazy everything has gone so far, you never know. I'll be in St. Louis routing them on and if some how we pull it off, I'll be booking my flight to where ever it is we get sent!

Comment

I will let you toss me off my roof, if we even win at SIU, let alone two games in St. Louie. Three? I have a better chance winning tonight's powerball.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        I will let you toss me off my roof, if we even win at SIU, let alone two games in St. Louie. Three? I have a better chance winning tonight's powerball.
        You should have been tossed off your roof a long time ago when we beat InSU on the road. You are like a bookie that never pays up. :)

Comment

The only time we should stop dreaming and hopping is when we are six feet under.

Just don't bet the farm.

Comment

Re: So ?? how unrealistic is it ??

Originally posted by martymoose
            Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
            So why not ??
            To answer your question....Because we have a terrible history in the MVC Tourney...Because we've only won 3 games in a row once this year against D1 opponents and that was at home...Because we're 1-2 on neutral courts...

All that said, it is probably unrealistic to expect us to win, but with how crazy everything has gone so far, you never know. I'll be in St. Louis routing them on and if some how we pull it off, I'll be booking my flight to where ever it is we get sent!
            Good answer, Marty. I would also add that three games in three days is much different than three games in eight days. If last year had played out like this year, having three seniors, I might think they could do it. But I just don't think this young team has what it takes to beat the likes of BU, ISU, UNI and CU over three days. If an upset occurred and we could play InSU or DU (or maybe SIU), then maybe.

That said, I would love to be wrong!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

The Shockers have a deep bench, something that helps in the tourney format.

Ill St. has some depth issues, Creighton is not unbeatable (we proved that), UNI is bound to trip up at some point in the next couple weeks, and Bradley is far from perfect as well.

This team has just as good of a chance at running the table in St. Louis as the other 4-6 teams, that could be seeded higher than them, have. I wouldn't count on it, but anything is possible in the MVC tournament.

Comment

IMHO our chances are as good as anyone elses as long as we avoid thursday. It's just as hard for everyone else to win 3 in 3 days. Also most teams are about as young as we are. We will have a crowd behind them so it won't be a road atmosphere.

To me it comes down to matchups. Which teams DON'T we want on our side of the bracket? That will be the biggest factor to our success.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I guess there are two ways to look at it.

1. Those teams play to their weaknesses, betraying their season-long performances.
                  2. They play up to their season reacord.

I'm looking at #2 since it's the more likely scenario. Just being realistic.

But no doubt #1 could also occur. And I'm surely hoping for it!

Comment

3 days can take a toll on anyone. If a coach makes a bad decision and plays the team too hard the first night, they may get bounced the next. Same can be said for not playing hard enough and getting bounced the first game.

It's a complete crapshoot come conference tourney time in every conference. Nothing is given and the only one with something to lose is the regular season champ.

Teams like WSU are very dangerous during this time of year. They come in on a hot streak, Can only play in a post season tourney if they win the whole thing, and have absolutely nothing to lose because they were picked to finish 9th in the league.

I don't know about any of you, but I'd be worried if I was the opposing coach in the first round. That's a dangerous situation for any team.

Comment

Assume the probability of winning each game in a set of three is an optimistic 60% per game, then

the P(W3) = 0.6x0.6x0.6 = 21.6%.

(I apologize for the notation.)

Conclusion: Don't bet the farm on a sweep.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Right now, I'm kind of getting into "enjoying the ride" mode. I really like the maturation process the team has undergone the last few weeks.

We have shortcomings and issues that are going to be tough to overcome but I love the upside.

Winning at SIU would be outstanding and I'd be thrilled with getting to the semis and the finals would be simply gravy. They talked about the possibility of playing in one of the 2 smaller end of year tourneys on KGSO this morning as a reward for the team and I couldn't agree more....the team has fought and clawed their way to respectability and they would seem to deserve a reward for that.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Right now, I'm kind of getting into "enjoying the ride" mode. I really like the maturation process the team has undergone the last few weeks.

We have shortcomings and issues that are going to be tough to overcome but I love the upside.

Winning at SIU would be outstanding and I'd be thrilled with getting to the semis and the finals would be simply gravy. They talked about the possibility of playing in one of the 2 smaller end of year tourneys on KGSO this morning as a reward for the team and I couldn't agree more....the team has fought and clawed their way to respectability and they would seem to deserve a reward for that.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                          Extra nice post. Exactly how I feel. Enjoy the ride.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Come on man. You can't use that line again if you haven't owned up to it when you said it the last time.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

3 in St. Lou?

I just wanna make sure we're locked into the Top 6. You guys are assuming a lot. We haven't clinched a single thing yet.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X