No announcement yet.

Coaches Show 2/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My concern is that with his proficiency of turning the ball over, he may not have the ball in his hands long enough to find the open man. And if he does maintain posession of the ball, at the D1 level there will be fewer open men to find and those that are will be less open and open for a shorter period of time. In other words, his margin for error will shrink significantly, thereby multiplying an already obvious weakness.

I like his upside a lot, and I trust the coaching staff's belief that he will help our program. But he needs to correct the turnover problem ASAP, then work on his shooting. Once Hannah is done, we'll need him to be able to shoot (and make) when open.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
      Another bad thing about his game is he is not a very good shooter
      Coach added that if his shooting skills were above average (closer to Hannah's level) then he probably wouldn't be attending WSU. Coach sounds elated to have him and sounds as if his athletic abilities are off the chart (mentioning on several occasions being able to touch the top of the square).

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        My concern is that with his proficiency of turning the ball over, he may not have the ball in his hands long enough to find the open man. And if he does maintain posession of the ball, at the D1 level there will be fewer open men to find and those that are will be less open and open for a shorter period of time. In other words, his margin for error will shrink significantly, thereby multiplying an already obvious weakness.

I like his upside a lot, and I trust the coaching staff's belief that he will help our program. But he needs to correct the turnover problem ASAP, then work on his shooting. Once Hannah is done, we'll need him to be able to shoot (and make) when open.
        The turnover problem will be addressed. And people will be open. If nobody helps off to stop him he's going to score. If they do, he'll find the open man. I'm not too worried about KJ. Once he gets here and is playing with and against D1 and above players he'll start to learn what he can and can't get away with.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thanks Mike.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Great report. Much appreciated.

Comment

Fantastic recap. Thanks MikeShock.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I forgot to thank MikeShox. But that's no recap, that's a play-by-play!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  I forgot to thank MikeShox. But that's no recap, that's a play-by-play!
                  :yes: :yes:

TYVM!!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                    Coach added that if his shooting skills were above average (closer to Hannah's level) then he probably wouldn't be attending WSU. Coach sounds elated to have him and sounds as if his athletic abilities are off the chart (mentioning on several occasions being able to touch the top of the square).
                    Whoa!

Did you mean to say the top of the square?
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      Originally posted by BostonWu
                      Whoa!

Did you mean to say the top of the square?
                      That's a fact Jack! :good:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

The square

Ricky's disappointed -- he was hoping you meant top of the backboard.

:D

Comment

By the way, when LeBron went into the NBA, he could not throw a 3 ball in the ocean.

There is hope for Kenny.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                          X