X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McShocker
    I also got this response to my email to the SV people:

Dear Subscriber,

Sorry for the delay, we were able to work out the issues with the broadcast today and the game was restored.

Thank you,

Les, JumpTV Fan Support
    Of course, I received this email at 3:54. I guess I could have seen the final buzzer.

Wow. They do respond.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Soooooo---do we get a refund credited to us for their blunder? I was just in their site to see if we could watch yesterday's game now or if it has forever vanished. Could not locate it. It would be nice to watch it today. Can any of you find it or is it just not going to happen? Sort of like the lost episodes of Bonanza? :rant: What a bummer!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I am guessing it will be available, but they never put the replays up until 2-3 (or more) days after the game.

Comment

Thanks MCShocker
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I was wrong. The game is available now.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
              I was wrong. The game is available now.
              Awesome! Thanks!

This will help me forget the weak baseball effort today.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Mark-

I hope you are ready and able to catch the final home game tonight. Per your email below to Eric Sexton, I wanted to provide you with some feedback about ShockerVision.

First, we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns about ShockerVision, which keeps hundreds of fans in touch with Shocker Basketball and other WSU sports. We have put significant resources into our internet streaming and videoboard operations that obviously have some synergies (sometimes this can be good and bad).

Specifically, the Cleveland State game was not part of the original ShockerVision men’s basketball package due to the television rights owned by ESPN. When the game was not selected for live TV, we were able to add it as a bonus to our fans. Unfortunately, it appears the URL address was incorrect and our internet streaming partner was not able to correct the situation until later in the game. We certainly apologize for this inconvenience and hope this is our first and last technical difficulty of the season.

If you have subscribed to ShockerVision since its inception, you may have noticed during the past two years we no longer have in-game graphics (e.g., DEFENSE, NICE SHOT, etc.) within the webcast. The very technical equipment and very skilled operators are able to make this happen. Of course, we are trying to run both systems as efficiently as possible while providing high quality entertainment. Your observation about too many replays (certainly popular with the 10,000+ fans in attendance) is a concern we share and hope to address.

As soon as tonight, we hope to make the replays less intrusive to our internet subscribers with more technical magic. I can’t promise it will work flawlessly, but the videoboard/webcasting crew will give it a shot. At the very minimum, we will take steps to improve this part of the webcast next year.

I would like to add that our cameras are broadcast quality and the crew consists of highly trained professionals in the area. We feel that our operations are second to none in the MVC and we look forward to enhancing the product in the future.

Thanks for your time and support of Shocker Athletics. Please contact me if you have additional questions.

- Brian Pracht

Senior Associate Athletics Director

Wichita State University
                Tonights SV broadcast has easily been the best they've ever had. Did you guys realize that we do, in fact, play defense for the 10-15 seconds after we make a basket? I have to give it up to the athletic department, they got right after it and made immediate improvements.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that McShocker. Overall, SV has been a plus. I did notice there were less replays tonight..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I love shockervision. I know it sucks sometimes but I can't live without it...

Comment

Originally posted by verbeak
                      I love shockervision. I know it sucks sometimes but I can't live without it...
                      You in Wichita?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

no, okc

Comment

It was great seeing some defense!
                          In the fast lane

Comment

I'm glad to hear they're trying to improve it. I hope those that use SV quite often keep giving them some friendly feedback to make it a more pleasant experience.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                            X