Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arbus
    Congrats on the win.

You guys do have quite a home court atmosphere, it was very prominent over the radio. I could only hope that the Wolstein Center could ever muster some of that energy.

It looked like this was going to be a good game, but the Vikes fell apart down the stretch and the Shockers piled it on.

Good game, hope next year's game turns out a little differently.
    The noise at CKA can do that to a lot of times.

Comment

• 1. Cleveland State is a pretty damn good team.

2. Call more fouls! That is just too physical! (yeah, JMO)

3. Good minutes by Stutz, probably his best since his confidence crisis.

4. Reggie...........well, you all saw.

5. I cannot believe that this is the same JT Durley.

6. I want to see more of Kyles, and more or him and TM together.

7. In the Kennedy interview, HCGM used the term hyper-bowl. LOL.

8. Ramon is a warrior.

Comment

• The Shocker freshmen (Murry 5-6, Kyles 2-2, and Stutz 1-1) were 8-9 from 3.

Comment

• The Shocker freshmen (Murry 5-6, Kyles 2-2, and Stutz 1-1) were 8-9 from 3. (1979SHOCKER)

Speaking of 1979-----That 79-80 Shocker Season we ended up 17-12 and set the table to go 26-7 the very next Season. Could the Shocks with this group of Frosh be grooming us towards another team to remember before they graduate? 8)
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Perhaps it was an off game or just a really good offensive game for us but I was expecting more out of their hyped up defense. They sounded like the SIU of old, but I just didn't see it. That was an average MVC defense. Yeah we turned it over a bit much, but we've done that against worse defenses too so that isn't much of a barometer. Not a slam, but I was just expecting a little more. They are definately athletic though, and a couple their kids are pretty darn quick.

But they do have a decent team, a couple of their players reminded me of some conference foes. Overall, just a great game to be at today!
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• SF Think about what you just said. Do you think this was one of our better offensive games? 80% from the free throw line, 10 for 16 from 3 pt. land, and 54% FG. We rebounded well when we got some of our 2 pt. baskets too. You may have seen the game but from where I sat, I thought that their defense was solid and often made it hard for us. But we were good today. We usually flounder in one of these categories but not today.

Comment

• Count me in the group that was very impressed with Cleveland State's talent.

They weren't tall....but man were they big and strong and athletic.

I also felt like they were pretty well prepared for us.

That being said, we were more prepared (a testament to our coaching for those still wondering if he can win at this level).

When we shoot the ball, we can beat a lot of teams...and that was a GOOD team I promise you. They can give Butler a run for their money in the HLT.

I liked hearing Gregg talk about postseason. We need to play for a couple more weeks. It's important for our growth. BUT, we MUST win Tuesday or its all for naught.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster
                  SF Think about what you just said. Do you think this was one of our better offensive games? 80% from the free throw line, 10 for 16 from 3 pt. land, and 54% FG. We rebounded well when we got some of our 2 pt. baskets too. You may have seen the game but from where I sat, I thought that their defense was solid and often made it hard for us. But we were good today. We usually flounder in one of these categories but not today.
                  It was probably our best...or one of the best...all around offensive games we have had all season. Just saying that after watching the game I didn't think their offense was as great as I thought it was hyped up to be. It was GOOD and we did have to work for our shots...but I would say there are AT LEAST 2-3 teams in the Valley that defend better....especially down low.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    I don't know how he's a 49% FT shooter with that form

From CSU radio guy after RAMON gets both.
                    ;-)

Also,

I made a post in the game about JT today. He was having yet another good game and as I said he had a few defensive lapses but not a lot. The biggest difference was that he didn't get frustrated on his mistake and commit a foul. The one foul call on him should have been a charge so really improved from some of his foul out games earlier in the season.

He also had a dumb luck deflection. He had his arm out going up the lane and deflected a pass he never saw. We had a few dumb luck plays. Hatch had a ball hang on the back of his neck and we still got the ball. Durley's poke that he never saw. Finally Murry's three from a deflected pass.

It is nice to see these going our way for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      The Shocker freshmen (Murry 5-6, Kyles 2-2, and Stutz 1-1) were 8-9 from 3. (1979SHOCKER)

Speaking of 1979-----That 79-80 Shocker Season we ended up 17-12 and set the table to go 26-7 the very next Season. Could the Shocks with this group of Frosh be grooming us towards another team to remember before they graduate? 8)
                      That Shocker team only won 2 road games (a preview of things to come?)
                      and lost 2 games at home that year, They were hammered by Iowa (we all know what happened in the rematch).
                      We need to send Ramon and Mantas out with a win Tuesday and see what happens at SIU. :goshocks:
                      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerKhan
                        We need to send Ramon and Mantas out with a win Tuesday and see what happens at SIU. :goshocks:

YES. An emphatic YES.

Ramon was the only one to keep his word, man up, and give everything his heart and body could give for 2 years.

Mantas literally gave all his body could give....he has been forced to ride the bench due to his bad knees, as badly as he wants to be able to contribute, his body simply will not cooperate.

Coaches, players, fans.....it is our JOB to send these men out as winners. I realize the Trees are playing well but this is a must have....no excuses, do the work.

Our Lady of Victory.........Pray for us!

Comment

• What a win! Mrs. Aircap and I got into CKA about an hour and fifteen minutes before the game. We got into our seats and began watching the teams. CS looked big, athletic and intense. The Shocks seemed loose, easy and looking to have fun in the game. All the tension seemed to us to be with CS. Reading their website it seemed to me they way undervalued the Shocks

The game was just great fun to watch. Our defense seemed to be clicking and our offense was working fine too. All too often one or the other seemed out of sync. Not so today. There were some lapses, sure, but overall it seemed that the team had had a huge light bulb go off over their head that said that what Coach Marshall has been drumming into us all these months really does work. Good defense sparked good offense.

I don't know about you, but many times this year when the Shockers had a lead I had this awful gnawing fear and uncertainty that wondered "Yeah but can they hold this lead?" Not in this game. Yeah Cleveland State was a good team, but from early in the game we had their number. Even when they closed in the second half it felt like this was their last run and they were through .

I agree with Coach Marshall - I do not want this season to end. It seems that after all the pain and anguish the team is now getting their sweet reward and I want it to go on and on. I want to go to more games, I want to there be a post season for this team. They have earned it. It would have been so easy to fold when their record was 0-6 in the Valley but they didn't. That kind of character should be rewarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                            7. In the Kennedy interview, HCGM used the term hyper-bowl. LOL.
                            I laughed for quite a while at Hyper Bowl.

You can put me fully on board with Marshall as a coach. Maybe not the best face of the program. Maybe not the best spokesman for the University. A pretty solid recruiter so far. But, these guys are way better than earlier this year. Almost to a man they are improved. Dahl or Kennedy made a point in the postgame about the team's improvement and Marshall was matter-of-fact about practicing with a purpose and not just rolling the balls out. He made a comparison to the way he looks at his golf game and the focus they bring to practice. If next year's team is not better than this year's I will be surprised. I will also be surprised if we see players' development stalling after a year or two.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I'm starting to day dream about a very long home winning streak. At least one more home game for this team and they certainly appear up to the task.

For those who saw the game, was that our best effort of the season?
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                I'm starting to day dream about a very long home winning streak. At least one more home game for this team and they certainly appear up to the task.

For those who saw the game, was that our best effort of the season?
                                No, the game against CU at home had more effort.

But I think this was the game where the least number of key contributors had issues. The only thing that really stood out was Hannah's ball handling issues in the first half, and the issues getting trapped in the back court in the first half.

Comment

Working...
                                X