Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions over (16) Illini 38-33, wait what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions over (16) Illini 38-33, wait what?

How did we miss this mess?

Expert recap and game analysis of the Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Illinois Fighting Illini NCAAM game from February 18, 2009 on ESPN.

It wasn't exactly missed. It was posted in Wednesday night's game thread after MK mentioned it during the game.

Comment

Thanks Royal.

I thought checking for thread names about it was enough... guess I'll have to be even more thorough next time. :(

Comment

It's no problem n8. I'm surprised someone didn't start a topic about this sooner. When was the last time a D1 game ended with neither team reaching 40 points?

Comment

No kidding. The most surprising thing about it is that a ranked team was involved, at home, and lost.

Not a bit a trivia I would like to have about my team... no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            When was the last time a D1 game ended with neither team reaching 40 points?
            I bet SIU was involved :D
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think I heard someone say it was the first time since 96 that either team failed to reach 40 points.

Also, anyone notice Illinois did not attempt one FT?

Comment

Big Ten

Further proof that the Big Ten is a thrill a minute. Can you imagine watching one of these teams for an entire season? Of course, Saluki fans can probably relate...

Comment

Hard to believe that with a shot clock, the score would be so low.

Probably not that many of us left who remember playing Hank Iba's Oklahoma A&M. It was like going to a baskeball game and seeing a soccer match break out. A&M would get a three point lead and then go into the stall. And they rarely missed a FT.

A lot of you complain about people leaving in the last few minutes of the game. With a shot clock, you could leave after the half and not miss a damn thing.

Boring.

Comment

I remember watching a conference tournament game a year ago, I'm pretty sure it was the Colonial championship, George Mason against somebody, and the final score was like 35-33. I'm not so sure that it didn't even go overtime! It was the most amazing game i've ever watched.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      It wasn't exactly missed. It was posted in Wednesday night's game thread after MK mentioned it during the game.
                      I'm glad that someone reads my posts :cry:

Comment

From what I can find, is the lowest scoring college basketball game of all time: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=253480163. A total of 62 points, 9 fewer than this game. I cannot find an instance of both teams scoring fewer than 40 points in the modern era. There is this interesting tidbit: Tennessee beat Temple 11-6 in December 1973. Obviously, that was before the shot clock.
                        "Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum."
                        -- Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

Comment

Originally posted by JohannSebastianShock
                          From what I can find, is the lowest scoring college basketball game of all time: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=253480163. A total of 62 points, 9 fewer than this game. I cannot find an instance of both teams scoring fewer than 40 points in the modern era. There is this interesting tidbit: Tennessee beat Temple 11-6 in December 1973. Obviously, that was before the shot clock.
                          Jeez. All that work and the answer was in the article.
                          "Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum."
                          -- Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

Comment

Working...
                          X