Cleveland State Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland State Pregame Discussion

Hopefully, we can get our hobbled players back back to full speed on the court for this game. I believe they sorely missed DK in IllSU. Is there any news about him & his ankle? Or AE's toe?

If they are healthy, I see us taking this game, as long as the crowd stays in it. Since we are at home, I fully expect :poster_toure: to have another good game.

Drew Carey 66
    Kirstie Alley 68

:goshocks:

Show win 71 to 61. If DK is healthy I'll add four more points to the margin of victory :D
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It'll mean more when Saturday actually arrives, but as of right now, zzzzz...

zzzzzzz...

zzzzzz..

When's the Indiana State game?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree Fever.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be playing anybody that could use the time to get healthier for Indiana St.

Sub - I could be way off here, but I think Cleveland St is a lot better than you give them credit for. They could also (realistic or not) be playing for a NIT bid, in they're minds anyway. Now that they're healthy, they've been playing really well down the stretch.

Comment

Not bad

They're definitely not bad, and they've won seven in a row (although mostly against moderate to nondescript competition) including two road games. Before their current streak, though, they lost three road games in arow, including one to a pretty bad Youngstown State team.

Still, Warren Nolan has them at 72nd in the RPI (higher than anyone in the Valley except Creighton's 51st and IlState's 60th), and with three road games (i.e., RPI bonus games) to go including one at Butler, which barely beat them in Cleveland, they have every incentive to finish strong. If they do, they'll certainly be playing after their conference tournament is over.

Comment

"they've won seven in a row (although mostly against moderate to nondescript competition)"

watcher - At the time, three of those games were against the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams in the Horizon. In doing so, they've gone from 5th place to tied for 3rd.

Comment

Here's the deal. The Shocks need to win out before St. Louis. Two stats from last night that jump off the stat sheet 'like frog legs from a sizzling frying pan' results as follows---" We only had 7 smithering assists and got outrebounded by 9. Yikes---that bites!!! (poetry is free) However, the Shocks will regroup and win this game by 14 because we are formidable at home su-weet home. Expect big games from :bball_spin: :poster_toure: :bball_spin: :poster_jt: :drum: :clap: :bball_spin:

Shocks 70

Vikings 56
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

:good: bump

Reply #7
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm not NOT giving them any credit. I just think with how things went down the stretch in Normal that they'll have their act together when the get back in front of 10,500 crazed Shocker fans and come out and play like they have something to play for.

And I'm not sure how CSU will handle the atmoshpere of the Chuck.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    Expect big games from :bball_spin: :poster_toure: :bball_spin: :poster_jt:
                    Hannah and Clemente had big games against Illinois State and it still wasn't enough. Hopefully we have more of the Hannah/Clemente show along with Toure' and JT.

And speaking of assists, the point guard position had 0 assists. That tells me there's either too much one on one or the players they passed it to missed all their shots.

Comment

***Yawn***

Rest all the guys with injuries.

***Boring***

This is like playing an exhibition game against a good team.

***Yawn***

This game has absolutely no meaning other than one more game in the W or L column.

***Boring***

Spend the Friday practice preparing for ISU Blue.

***Yawn***

I'll be at the game with a friend and I'll be loud as usual, but it's going to take the excitement of the game, the crowd, and the atmosphere to get me pumped.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If we can lose at home against the Kangaroos, then we can certainly lose at home to these guys.

Comment

Easy 66 to 65 Shox
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Reasons why this game is important.

1. Every game is important.

2. A win gives the Shocks much needed confidence to fihish out the season, especially after the ISU loss.

3. A loss gives InSU that much more confidence coming into Koch Areana. With them riding a 4-game winning streak, including wins AT ISU and AT SIU, they don't need any additional confidence.

4. Every game is important.

Comment

Shockers - 66
                              Cleveland State - 60

Comment

Working...
                              X