No announcement yet.

Full Team Practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK midnight madness is CRAZY!!! They have students start lining up for it about 5 days in advance. I know because I've been to one myself. It is something that should be done at all schools if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27
      UK midnight madness is CRAZY!!! They have students start lining up for it about 5 days in advance. I know because I've been to one myself. It is something that should be done at all schools if possible.
      Yes, well it's not at all schools you can skip 5 days of classes and still come out alright either.

Comment

I saw this in the announcement and thought "WTF are they thinking having the event on a Tuesday?!?!?!?! I guess they want to plant the seeds of discontent in their out of town season ticket holders."

I think having it in the middle of the week is lame and thoughtless on the part of the Athletic Department. J.S. has not made very many poor decisions but letting staff slip this one by is certainly one of few.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
          I'll be there!
          It's on my calender (and has been for some time).
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If it was a regular game on Tuesday you wouldn't say anything so what's the difference. I am from out of town and it isn't going to stop me.

Comment

I'll gladly drive the two hours to be there.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I understand out of towners complaining. If it was a better event and they actually tried to dress it up and make it something it wouldn't be as bad. But it is a school night and that doesn't help out of towners for this. BIG difference between a game and Shocker Madness. I'll be there as well, but will have to leave straight from work.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I said this before in the earlier thread concerning the Madness scheduling, but anyone who thinks a Tuesday night is a bad time to have it is in for a rude awakening when they realize that there are 5 Tuesday night home games this season, more than any other weeknight.

And the games, in all liklihood, are longer than Madness.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I thought it was on Tuesday because that was the first day team practices werer aloud?

What is the cost to get in?

Comment

The issus isn't that it's on Tuesday night. The issue is two-fold.

1) Even on Saturday nights in previous years, the event hasn't been as well-attended as hoped.

2) People are more likely to attend a weekend event than a week-night event.

Issue #1 implies that fans won't come out for Shocker Madness like they do for a game. So, why then would you give people even more reason not to go by putting it on a week night?

The trump cards would obviously be 1) there is a scheduling conflict or 2) coach Marshall wants some practices before showing the team off to the public.

Volleyball is out of town that weekend, so I'm guessing it could be #2.

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                        I thought it was on Tuesday because that was the first day team practices werer aloud?

What is the cost to get in?
                        Probably a can of beans! :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

haha thats what I was thinkin...

Comment

Well, Friday is the 12th, official kickoff of the Basketball season per NCAA, and full team practices will start Friday or Saturday.

We should get a couple of good reports next week about practices.

Comment

Marshall has said he will close practices to limit information available on the Net.

I'm not looking for much that's very informative showing up here from practices.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                                Marshall has said he will close practices to limit information available on the Net.
                                It's understandable

Comment

Working...
                                X