Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could an alumnus or alumna of WSU be a bandwagoner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could an alumnus or alumna of WSU be a bandwagoner?

Perhaps.

We hear this label tossed around in sports message boards like party favors, but have many of us been misusing or overusing the word?

On Shockernet, it appears that many are called bandwagoners for simply stating something that goes against the "herd" way of thinking.

Most definitions you find on the term bandwagoner point to a moving of ones allegiance from a team that is losing, to a team that is winning.

For example, if a Wichita resident was a long time KU fun but went out and bought a bunch of WSU stuff during the 2006 NCAA Tournament run, he or she would be considered a bandwagoner.

I think I poster who shows up through thick and thin on these boards and keeps posting away is FAR from what the traditional definition of a bandwagoner is... and that means even KCShox.

This is it in a nutshell:

When you’re a true fan, the emotional swings that go along with your team’s highs and lows carry over into your daily activities. The opposite is true with bandwagon fans: they don’t experience the lows because they realize that they could just jump ship at any time if their current team isn’t on top anymore.
    I could just as easy jump from the Shocker ship as I could pull a rabbit out of my ass.

T

...8)

and thus I am a bandwaggoner for every other team I have even kinda rooted for in the past

Cardinals
    Royals
    Chiefs
    Rams
    Celtics
    Jazz
    Spurs
    Blue Jays (Toronto)
    Nebraska (sorry to say)

Comment

I have been a Shocker since I first set foot in the CKA (to watch a circus of all things).... I would have equal success finding the rabbit and extracting it.

For all other sports teams (possible exception the Chiefs), I consider my self to be rooting for nothing more than laundry....
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I grew up in upstate NY and, for some reason, I was an avid Wichita State fan as a kid. I left NY in '65 so Stallworth and company were my favorite players. Lo and behold the USAF sent me here, I stayed, and I've been a shocker fan ever since. It ain't always easy being a shocker lover, but I often quote that old adage, "...hope springs eternal". I guess I'm guilty of wearing those glasses.

Comment

Working...
        X