Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Cold,

Honestly, there are reasons to be concerned but there are more reasons to be hopeful.

You are allowing the big picture to be swallowed whole by the little picture.

There are legitimate reasons to be concerned about a variety of things. The talent that has entered into the program and the additional talent coming in is vastly improved. If you cannot realize that, then there is nothing I can do.
    I thought we had tons of talent come in as well, but many of my fellow Shockernet brethren feel that we have a bunch of recruiting busts. Hey, it's either the kids or the coach.

1) No talent? -Recruiting problems see coach.

2) No skill? -Development problems see coach.

3) No motivation? -Mental issues see coach.

4) Too green? -Time issues have patience.

Could all our problems be due to #4? Common sense and what I have witnessed tells me no.

But the great thing is that GG is a bright guy and if he has something that isn't working, I think he will look to find a solution.

I'm not fully sold on the "Marshall Plan" anymore but I do have hope. I have hope that a day will come very soon when I don't have to go over to our mid-major conference's message board and feel an overwhelming sense of pity. PITY.. from Drake fans. :shock:

If that isn't a sign that the world is quickly coming to an end I don't know what is...

T

...8)

Comment

This doesn't quite fit here, but it's not worth its own topic.

I think Marshall might be a much better coach of a winning team than a losing team. That needs some explanation, because it's pretty obvious any coach is better with a winning team.

Marshall might be the type of coach who rips players for mistakes, but also praises and encourages them for things they've done right. I've observed both.

That is very effective and motivational when a team is winning and there are many more things being done right than wrong. 3 or 4 atta-boys per butt-chewing and players strive for more atta-boys and fewer butt-rippings.

When a team is losing and little is going right, then it's 3, 4 or more butt-rippers for every atta-boy. That's not as effective as a motivational tool.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        This doesn't quite fit here, but it's not worth its own topic.

I think Marshall might be a much better coach of a winning team than a losing team. That needs some explanation, because it's pretty obvious any coach is better with a winning team.

Marshall might be the type of coach who rips players for mistakes, but also praises and encourages them for things they've done right. I've observed both.

That is very effective and motivational when a team is winning and there are many more things being done right than wrong. 3 or 4 atta-boys per butt-chewing and players strive for more atta-boys and fewer butt-rippings.

When a team is losing and little is going right, then it's 3, 4 or more butt-rippers for every atta-boy. That's not as effective as a motivational tool.
        Yep. I agree.

And I think he has lost a little humility that he might have had during his first year at Winthrop.

I'm sure he's gaining some of that back now...

T

...8)

Comment

Before the season started I thought if we won half of our games it would be a good season. We need to give our team and coach time to improve. Perhaps the close games in Orlando gave too much hope to the shocker nation for a breakout season.

Cold - its a good day to be a Shocker! You need to quit being so down. Things will improve. We have talent in the house and more on the way.

I'm going to be there tomorrow afternoon and win or lose -I'm supporting our team.

:goshocks:

Comment

Tomorrow is the day. We are going to see a different team show up in home jerseys. Tomorrow is the day.

Comment

You are correct. tommorow is the day. We win by 12. We need to forget about all the losing and get our boys back on track. They cant do it alone so we need to step up and help them out. Lets show up like we never have before!!! We are not fare weather fans, we are SHOCKER fans. Whos with me? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :wsu_posters:
              " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

BE LOUD!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                  We've had a black-out every year?
                  Actually, over the a last year and a half I have had several blackouts.

Some at the Men's games and some at the Women's games. For some reason I am not afflicted with this at VB matches.

Getting better at this year's Women's BB games. I see a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a long time.

Comment

I predict # 23 (dressed in Black) will have a big day today which will help the strength of the Shocker Nation!!!!!!!!!!! Toure' Toure' Toure'---Go Shocks!!!

Reply #23
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                    X