A really good Shockwaves today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really good Shockwaves today...

"We’ve reached a point where some fans are going to start running off players and rebuilding the Shockers with new recruits. "

Could somebody please decipher this for me. What a brilliant piece of journalism!!!11

T

...8)

Comment

Apparently, fans are now responsible for recruiting and player dismissal! I wonder if I get to ride first class on my next official Florida recruiting visit...

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        "We’ve reached a point where some fans are going to start running off players and rebuilding the Shockers with new recruits. "

Could somebody please decipher this for me. What a brilliant piece of journalism!!!11

T

...8)
        It was just a figure of speech. That is somewhat happening on this board and in conversations..."so and so is not improving...he does the same thing every time, and it doesn't work...he doesn't get it...we should write some of those guys off, and bring in some more recruits..."

Many words such as those are regularly posted here and likely spoken in places also. It doesn't mean the fans are actually going to recruit new players.

Comment

Re: A really good Shockwaves today...

Originally posted by t7017s
          http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/

Why is it "really good"? Could some of the comments have been written during Cohen's seond year as head coach? Or Randy Smithson's? Or Thompson's? It's only after the fact that such comments seem "obvious"; if HCGM goes 0-18 in 2008-9, 2009-10, 2010-11, etc until he is fired, we'll look back at this Shockwaves and laugh. If WSU wins the national title next year, we'll look back at many posts on SN, laugh and admit the insight in this Shockwaves. Remember that there was (some) hope in the late 1980s, the 1990s and the early 2000s.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Re: A really good Shockwaves today...

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/

Why is it "really good"? Could some of the comments have been written during Cohen's seond year as head coach? Or Randy Smithson's? Or Thompson's? It's only after the fact that such comments seem "obvious"; if HCGM goes 0-18 in 2008-9, 2009-10, 2010-11, etc until he is fired, we'll look back at this Shockwaves and laugh. If WSU wins the national title next year, we'll look back at many posts on SN, laugh and admit the insight in this Shockwaves. Remember that there was (some) hope in the late 1980s, the 1990s and the early 2000s.
            I wasn't getting at "really good" for the shocks. I was getting at the fact that I thought it was a good piece.

Comment

t7017s: I understood your comment to mean that the article was insightful and "correct." My point is that we will not know until later how things turn out. The article says "If WSU improves next season, it will be in large part because the returners are older and more mature." The article does not say "If WSU doesn't improve next season, it will be because ..." The article seems to be questioning the fans who have concerns; the article ignores the possibility that such fans could be right.

I am playing devil's advocate here; I don't know how the Shocks will do next year. I'm still happy if we have substantial player improvement and go 0-18 in the Valley this year. I am concerned that I don't notice this player improvement. (Hatch is getting better. JT possibly. TM is already very nice. GS needs work. ETC.)
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'm with Sully on this one.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

t7017s: I understood your comment to mean that the article was insightful and "correct." My point is that we will not know until later how things turn out. The article says "If WSU improves next season, it will be in large part because the returners are older and more mature." The article does not say "If WSU doesn't improve next season, it will be because ..." The article seems to be questioning the fans who have concerns; the article ignores the possibility that such fans could be right.

I am playing devil's advocate here; I don't know how the Shocks will do next year. I'm still happy if we have substantial player improvement and go 0-18 in the Valley this year. I am concerned that I don't notice this player improvement. (Hatch is getting better. JT possibly. TM is already very nice. GS needs work. ETC.)
                  I don't think Sully is "correct" per say. But yes I did think it was nice for him to throw out some of his own insight.

Comment

I don't think Sully is "correct" per say. But yes I did think it was nice for him to throw out some of his own insight.
                    per se.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

excusez-moi

Comment

Sully is right as every year at this time we subtract and add on this website for next years team.

Comment

WSU coach Gregg Marshall took responsibility for not preparing his team after the game. It is refreshing to hear a coach take some of the hit. Some coaches are reluctant to say those words. Whether or not he really adequately prepared WSU is almost irrelevant (and I’m sure he did from a tactical standpoint). It is important for him to get in the foxhole with his team. It is also good to take the heat off his players, who are obviously deep in a crisis of confidence. He is the adult. He is getting paid. While Marshall is ultimately responsible, I think it is the players who must get themselves ready to play hard from the start. My observation is that Marshall must spend a lot of time and energy trying to supply passion and motivation that needs to come from players. I’ve watched enough practices and shoot-arounds (with Marshall and Mark Turgeon) to have seen coaches explain a point clearly only to have the players space it off in games. Bradley’s Jim Les told David Collins to expect WSU to run the pick play late in the game and Collins still ran over Clevin Hannah. In the end, coaches wear the wins and losses. Game to game, players must reach a point where they are locked in and enthusiastic without a coach holding their hands. Like many things with WSU, experience will help.
                          Right on the money on this!!! At what point is Marshall's teaching going to sink in? A coach can only do so much. This is the Shox biggest problem, IMO. It is a lack of mental toughness amongst the players. It is not Marshall's X's and O's that are the problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X