WSU at Missouri State -- Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU at Missouri State -- Pregame

Let's keep the new starting 5 and see where they can take us.

Home of Bart Simpson 65
    Home of mascot with hair like Bart Simpson 70

:posterwu:

Re: WSU at Missouri State -- Pregame

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla

Home of Bart Simpson 65

:posterwu:
    Not so fast there Sparky, this is an area of debate.

Comment

I will admit Grandpa Simpson did say "I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I acknowledge Missouri!"

Comment

forevershockerfan wrote:
        Speaking of road games, the great news is we will Not lose them all as suggested by one poster. When the Shocks lose, I will always miss a prediction. However, ALL guarantees I have made have all come to past 100%. Thus, I will guarantee right now that the Shocks will NOT lose all road Valley League games this year. Count it!!!!!!!

I'll take that bet. If I lose you can throw me off the roof of my house. What do you have to offer? "KC SHOX"

Here's the deal. KC Shox---Are you yanking our chain with such offers? Do you have a house? Would it be legal at your request? No---and that could be more "very painful" than a swift kick from Double Dribble. All of your SN intellectual peers would be disoriented without your uplifting posts? :cry: Right? Thus, not to worry. 8) When we win at least one Valley game on the road, (and we will), just be grateful to be a Shocker fan knowing we are on the right path and moving forward towards the basketball promised land. :good:

Lion's and Tigers and Bears--oh my 68

No. 4 Shocks---------------------------70
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by aircap
          I will admit Grandpa Simpson did say "I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I acknowledge Missouri!"
          Didn't he call it "Mizzura?" There is a difference you know.

Comment

I haven't been guessing and we've been losing, so I'll take a shot.

With Defense...

Shox 69
            MSU 63

Without...

Shox 62
            MSU 71

We're going to win eventually. Why not start now?!
            Goo Shockers

Comment

This is a thin Bear team but I think, at least today, they have better material than us and certainly TONS more experience.

I think we have to play an up tempo game and get some easy baskets with our pressure to escape with a W. Frankly, I liked our chances against DU more than in Springfield on Wednesday. I will be happy with a repeat of the effort from Sunday.

Comment

So, you'll be happy with a loss Doc? I thought that was against the True Fans Code of Conduct..

(Please don't take this too personally. I'm not picking on you, just making a generalization.)
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Being a thoughtful and intelligent individual, I cannot ONLY look at wins and losses. Ultimately, that's indeed how you are judged. But I am more likely to try and see the big picture. Are we getting better and more likely to win the next game (if we lose this one)? I can say yes for the first time in awhile.

Comment

I gotcha. Basketball, just like life, isn't fair.

I honestly don't like our chances at MSU or any roady this year. I hope to hell I am wrong. MSU's offense has struggled mightily lately. But now they have their man Cooks back. Just in time, right?..

A win here would sure help clear the dark, gloomy fog that has been cast over us for several weeks now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You can certainly gripe all you want about preparation if Cooks lights us up again. If we haven't figured out what we need to do to make someone else beat us then it's our fault.

Comment

Didn't the better of the Laurie brothers (starting PG) break his hand in either the last game or previous one?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Didn't the better of the Laurie brothers (starting PG) break his hand in either the last game or previous one?
                          Ya, that's a definite help for us. I thought I saw that he only looks to be out for a couple of weeks though. Must not have been that serious of a break..
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Being a thoughtful and intelligent individual, I cannot ONLY look at wins and losses. Ultimately, that's indeed how you are judged. But I am more likely to try and see the big picture. Are we getting better and more likely to win the next game (if we lose this one)? I can say yes for the first time in awhile.
                            I would not care about wins & losses if I saw steady player improvement. GS does not look improved. AJ doesn't either. Hatch is shooting worse than last year. I would feel a lot better if players were getting better. And some are improving. We'll see next year the results of this year's play. Hopefully we'll win the MVC next year.
                            :goshocks:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Just like baseball players, basketball players will also go through slumps; the problem is, the basketball season is much shorter.

When a hitter in baseball goes ofer for a couple of games - does than mean he hasn't improved since the beginning of the season? Keep it in perspective - and there is more than just scoring.

Coach Marshall is working at improving all of these players in many different areas. Hatch was JUST a shooter - his shots aren't falling right now, but he is vastly improved in quickness, defense, and aggressiveness.

Hawkins had a rough start to the season...then performed pretty well for a stretch...now he has been in a funk for a couple of games.

JT still has his flaws, but overall much improvement since the beginning of the season.

Stutz in his freshman year (when he needed a red shirt) has been up and down. He just isn't strong enough, quick enough, or experienced enough to help on a consistant basis right now. Coach has to pick moments when he can hopefully be successful.

Every player is different - and there are a LOT of different needs. In the long run, we will all be very happy (well, most of us).

Next season we lose Mantas and Ramon; that's it. I would bet Blair and Ellis fill those two spots nicely. 3 freshmen coming in, and...?

Add another years experience onto the guys we have now, and look out!

TOP 4 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                              X