Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Valley wins are acceptable this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Valley wins are acceptable this year?

How many would you be satisfied with? When Cohen and Thompson were here, what were their fewest Valley win totals?

I'm beginning to worry if we can get 3.

At this point, I'd be satisfied with 4.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Cohen's lowest win total in the Valley was 6 games in the three years he coached and Thompson's lowest win total in the Valley was 4 games in the four years that he coached.

Given the choices in the poll above, none of them are really acceptable to me.
    "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
    --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

Re: How many Valley wins are acceptable this year?

Originally posted by ShockerFever
      How many would you be satisfied with? When Cohen and Thompson were here, what were their fewest Valley win totals?

I'm beginning to worry if we can get 3.

At this point, I'd be satisfied with 4.
      I'm with you 4 is now becoming "acceptable". Jeesh!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Here is what I think it comes down to.

Must-Win Games

Indiana State
        Missouri State

Winnable Games

Northern Iowa
        Drake
        Evansville

Get Lucky Games
        Creighton
        Illinois State
        @ Indiana State
        @ Missouri State

They need to win both of the must-win games and 1 or 2 of the winnable games. I still think 4 is the most realistic outcome and 5 or 6 might not be out of reach with 7 home games left. Yet we could end up with 3 if we lose one of those 2 home games.

Comment

For me the number has always been 6. Any fewer, and I feel it is unacceptable.

Comment

For me there is no such thing as an "acceptable" win total. I look at effort and growth... and that is something I got tonight. In fact, with a young and inexperience team, I expect that every game out. That's what concerned me most about our earlier Valley games. We lost valuable time in our growth as a team, which is totally unacceptable. I still believe we have, athletically, a quality team. With continued strong effort and each player adding to their "gray matter", this can still be a successful season. And by the way, IF THEY DO THIS, you'll see more than 5 wins.

:wsu_posters: :clap: :wsu_posters:

Comment

2 years of recruiting resulting in 0 players on the squad requires lowered expectations.

WSU is like a JuCo trying tp play in the MVC. Every player on the squad is a first or second year player.

With all the holes that had to be plugged with JuCo players, it's still 2 years until WSU has any 4th year players. Those 4-year players will be Ellis, Hatch, and Durley.

Various posters have called for yanking the scholarships of all 3 of those players. Those guys may not be barn-burners, but they're what we've got. They're likely to look better on the court when they're Sr's playing against So's than they look when they're So's playing against Sr's.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Excellent point Aargh!!

Comment

Being one of those posters, Aargh, I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree except to say (if I may defend myself) that with the one I am particularly fond of hammering, it has at least as much to do with effort and off the court issues than it does with performance.

Comment

(I'm going to make a joke because the MBB team's record and coaching/effort/skill/IQ isn't acceptable this year.)

Let's ask Gene (Stephenson), Brent (Kemnitz) or Chris (Lamb) to coach the MBB team. :D

(Now I can go off and :cry: because I have trouble seeing any Valley wins for this team. MSU here? Maybe. Drake here? Maybe. Indiana State here? Who knows (but ask UNI)?)

Baseball and volleyball are looking better and better. I think the very young Shocker baseball team will have more success than the MBB team. The volleyball team might get to the Sweet 16 in 2009.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Even when we're in such disarray as we are, I hope to God Marshall doesn't break Thompson's record. That would not be good.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Whoa. Hold on everyone. So far in Valley play, we've lost to the three tied for 1st, and Creighton & SIU teams that are playing good basketball.

Let's wait until we play MSU, In St., and Evansville before coming to any conclusions of us only winning 3 or 4 in conference. I still think we can get to 6 (maybe 7) if the intensity stays at a high level.

Comment

"How many Valley wins are acceptable this year?"

I think any of the wins will be acceptable. It's the defeats that are unacceptable! :roll:
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                              I think any of the wins will be acceptable. It's the defeats that are unacceptable! :roll:
                              :clap: :good:

Comment

Working...
                              X