Shocker Sports Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Sports Hall of Fame

Worthy? --Prepare your campaign for your favorite former Shocker (Bob Elmore, anyone?).

WSU is accepting nominations for the Shocker Sports Hall of Fame, class of 2008.

Athletes must have enrolled at WSU by the fall of 1998. Submit nominations and support materials to Larry Rankin, assistant athletic director for media relations, Koch Arena, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, 67260-0018.

Something to watch: No women's basketball player has been inducted since 1998 (Allison Daniel, the program's career scoring leader). No. 2 on the career list is Jennifer Kaczka, who becomes eligible this year. She is also the program's No. 2 career rebound rebounder and a three-time All-MVC selection.

Marguerite Keeley (inducted in 1986) is the only other women's basketball player in the hall.

Should Jason Perez be considered? He's my personal favorite Shocker basketball player.

Comment

Robert Elmore

Comment

Hopefully Jason has been nominated.

Comment

Robert Elmore -- for a player who went to Wichita State as a "project," he turned out to be an extremely good player. It is unfortunate what happened to him, but he was a force as a basketball player while at the University.

Comment

Agreed, Robert Elmore deserves to be in.

Comment

To me, conduct has to be taken in consideration.

What I would love to see is Len Elmore speak to the students and anyone else that wants to hear him at a fund raiser for the charity of his choice and a scholarship of his choice.

That, I would pay a lot of money to attend. Robert's brother is as eloquent a speaker as there is and he is passionate about the pitfalls of drug use, from what I know.

Comment

As much as I can remember he never had a conduct problem at WSU. Do you hold what happens after he leaves here against him?

Comment

Working...
                X