Anyone think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think...

Moving Toure' to the pg and Clevin to the sg would benefit the team? And also did I see Durley play in the paint the whole entire freaking game... I swear I must have been seeing things. And he was happy to use the glass and ended up being 8/9 from the field. Nice job tonight big guy. Lets hope he continues to spend that kind of time in the paint from here on out.

I loved the positive reinforcement from the coach. Durley started the second half after having Marshall on his butt for 18 months now. Reward the desired behavoir and you will see more of it.

Nice work, coach.

Comment

I wish Durley played like that ALL of the time.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My only complaint was Durley missed his only wide open shot :D
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          My only complaint was Durley missed his only wide open shot :D
          I think he was so amazed that he wasn't called for a charge and so amazed that he was that open that he didn't really know what to do. He also had to adjust his footwork to avoid stepping on the Saluki on the floor.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I have felt for awhile that the crowd wanted to appoint Durley a fan favorite. I hope we are turning a corner and JT's play will allow that to happen.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Re: Anyone think...

Originally posted by t7017s
              Moving Toure' to the pg and Clevin to the sg would benefit the team?
              No. Clevin can create a shot off the bounce, which Toure' is a catch-and-shoot player. They're in the right positions. Hannah is also a much more mature passer than Murray atm.

Comment

Originally posted by n8
                No. Clevin can create a shot off the bounce, which Toure' is a catch-and-shoot player. They're in the right positions. Hannah is also a much more mature passer than Murray atm.
                I agree n8 especially with your caveat, Murray makes me excited for the future but he does make the age old silly 1st year D-1 mistake of passing into the crowd. These forced passes have gotten better through the season and I believe Murray has the " potential" to step up as pg next season if these guys can ever get into an offensive rhythm and create logical perimeter ball movement.

Go Shocks!!!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  I think he was so amazed that he wasn't called for a charge and so amazed that he was that open that he didn't really know what to do. He also had to adjust his footwork to avoid stepping on the Saluki on the floor.
                  You see that a lot when players go down in the lane. The footwork throws off the timing of the play completely and I honestly think the shooters are conscious of tearing-up a knee or ankle when the defender is down there underfoot.

Can't say I blame them. Trading two points for an ACL is hardly worth it.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Moving Toure' to the pg and Clevin to the sg would benefit the team? And also did I see Durley play in the paint the whole entire freaking game... I swear I must have been seeing things. And he was happy to use the glass and ended up being 8/9 from the field. Nice job tonight big guy. Lets hope he continues to spend that kind of time in the paint from here on out.
                    One of Durley's strengths is shooting off the glass. He is very good at it.

I cannot remember, when we had a better glass shooter.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by n8
                      murry can create his own shot. hes one of the better players on the team at penetrating. he just has to learn to not get too deep and make poor passes if he does give it up

Comment

I hope they can find a way to get Torre going in the first half. Have you noticed that he averages about 10 points per game... 0 in the first half, 10 in the second? We could really use some of those points in the first half!

Comment

Working...
                        X