be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• be careful

hey everyone, i just attemtped to visit collegehoopsnet three times, and each time, my virus protection picked up two viruses.

he is right

Comment

Get a Mac and not worry about it.

Comment

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
          :roll:
          :clap:
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

im on a mac
            and i went to it because i didnt think you could, and i got like 5 quick popups
            no virus though!

Comment

I didn't get one single pop up. Hmmmm? I have block popups on. Check your preferences.

Comment

I use Firefox with the AdBlock plug-in. I didn't get any virus warnings, but collegehoops.net has been hijacked. I ended up an a site that was encouraging me to "find my ideal s*x partner". There was no way off that site without shutting down my browser.

The hijack to the "find your partner" site was very late in the loading process for collegehoops. I think you can probably click on "Stop" shortly after seeing the site display and probably use it without running into the hijack that's loading late in the process.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well, I run Netscape 9.0 (based on Firefox engine) and have popup blocker, with AVG virus protection, but the best protection I have found for reducing problems encountered is:

1) Max Spyware Detective (5 star software, gets rid of 97% of spyware, best software out of 6 programs lab tested, $30).
                  2) Additional Max Registry Cleaner (Deep cleans registry and works like a charm, this is an excellent program, $10 more).

Auto or manual updates for both. If you have got the 'net.com' thing that is not proclaiming to be spyware (normal MS Window download), but is and slows your machine to a stop, then this is the only way to go to get rid of it.

Comment

I was on Safari...

Comment

Use Linux.

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X