St. Louis Hotel Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis Hotel Info

For the few who are still planning on making the trip to St. Louis this year figured I'd fill you in on the hotel deal Shocks771 let me know about.

If you go to http://www.hotwire.com/ put in St. Louis and the dates you want then find the "3.5-star hotel in Downtown St. Louis" for $99 and select "Continue", you should end up with the Sheraton Hotel which is literally right acrossed the street from the Scottrade Center where the games are played. If you book the rooms on Sheraton's website they are normally $249 per night. I know of 4 rooms that were booked this way and every time we got the Sheraton.

We had been trying Priceline with no luck and heard about this deal on Hotwire and figured it was worth $99 per night to stay at the Sheraton because of it's location. It seems like a great hotel if you can stand and the Creighton fans who stay there every year.

Thankfully, CU is at the Hyatt this year. No team is assigned the Sheraton.

Comment

Its showing as $129 for me....?
      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
        Its showing as $129 for me....?
        The dates we did were 3/5 - 3/7. We rarely stay for Sunday because we're too bummed out to have any fun. I noticed if I add Sunday it goes up to $119 for me. I'm also logged in, so maybe they are showing me a slightly lower price, not sure...

I know when the first guy booked his room, it was $89 and it has been going up a little since then as people book rooms there.

Comment

And if the Shox lose and you cancel soon enough you could probably get your money back for sunday anyway. Most the hotels I'm sure are understanding and will work with you there if you do it in a timely fashion. I know we did that last year and got sunday taken off the bill.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            And if the Shox lose and you cancel soon enough you could probably get your money back for sunday anyway. Most the hotels I'm sure are understanding and will work with you there if you do it in a timely fashion. I know we did that last year and got sunday taken off the bill.
            Just so there's no confusion, I don't believe these rooms on Hotwire can be cancelled, they are similar to the deals you get on Priceline where if you agree to the discounted price, you are locked in to the rooms...Which is another reason why I only do Thursday and Friday nights. If by some chance we make it to Sunday, I'll just book Saturday night after I'm already there. Not a bad deal if you're saving $150 per night per room...adds up pretty quick if you stay a few nights and go with a lot of people.

Comment

Yea im pretty sure with hotwire, you have to pay upfront, when you book the hotel
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Yeah, the deal on hotwire is non-refundable. I'm booked at the Sheraton for Thursday and Friday night and got it for $94 a night when I booked yesterday. If by some chance we make a run in the tournament I'll just find another room for Saturday night thru hotwire or priceline. My total all-in cost for the two nights was $222, which is less than the normal room rate of $249 per night. I'm pretty happy with that.

Comment

Ok. We used travelzoo or something like that last year and were refunded our sunday night. I don't use these a lot and figured it would work the same...
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's showing $99.00 a night, but mentioned Hilton, Millenium and Crown Plaza. No mention of the Sheraton. Is this the same page you booked through?
                    Thanks. 8)
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                      It's showing $99.00 a night, but mentioned Hilton, Millenium and Crown Plaza. No mention of the Sheraton. Is this the same page you booked through?
                      Thanks. 8)
                      Yep, that's the same page. It didn't mention the Sheraton for me either, but a buddy of mine took a chance last week and booked it and the Sheraton is what he got. Both myself and martymoose also got the Sheraton. It's not guaranteed that you will get that, but so far we are four for four getting the Sheraton.

Comment

I may have missed it but is the Westin (team hotel) sold out? I think the group rate is $169

Comment

I don't think the team hotel is sold out. We are just letting fans know of other options that are out there if you don't want to spend that much per night on a room. Also, the Westin, while nice, is about six blocks from the ScottTrade Center, whereas the Sheraton is directly across the street. The location is great.

Comment

Originally posted by wsubball96
                            I may have missed it but is the Westin (team hotel) sold out? I think the group rate is $169
                            Not sure, didn't check mainly because it would have cost me about $160 more for 2 nights and it's almost a mile from the games (although I could probably use the exercise). Or you could look at it this way, if we wind up staying 3 nights with our 4 rooms, we save about $1000. And it looks like after checking online just now, the Westin is all booked...so I guess you did miss it.

Originally posted by ShockRef
                            It's showing $99.00 a night, but mentioned Hilton, Millennium and Crown Plaza. No mention of the Sheraton. Is this the same page you booked through?
                            Thanks. 8)
                            You'll notice that over on the left hand side of the screen there are check boxes for all the different Areas in St Louis. The area for downtown said "2 Hotels". If you narrow the search down to only downtown you'll see that your only 2 choices are 3 star and 3 1/2 star. If Hotwire is only working with 2 hotels in downtown St Louis, then the Sheraton is the only 3 1/2 star.

Comment

Re: St. Louis Hotel Info

Originally posted by martymoose
                              For the few who are still planning on making the trip to St. Louis this year figured I'd fill you in on the hotel deal Shocks771 let me know about.

If you go to http://www.hotwire.com/ put in St. Louis and the dates you want then find the "3.5-star hotel in Downtown St. Louis" for $99 and select "Continue", you should end up with the Sheraton Hotel which is literally right acrossed the street from the Scottrade Center where the games are played. If you book the rooms on Sheraton's website they are normally $249 per night. I know of 4 rooms that were booked this way and every time we got the Sheraton.

We had been trying Priceline with no luck and heard about this deal on Hotwire and figured it was worth $99 per night to stay at the Sheraton because of it's location. It seems like a great hotel if you can stand and the Creighton fans who stay there every year.
                              Marty, it is a great deal. I have lodged there and I was satisfied. The restaurant offering was OK, but not lights out.

The hotel at one time was a Montgomery-Wards warehouse. It was converted to the current hotel.

Due to the existing column configuration, the room sizes are extra large. The furnishing are great. The location is great. Proximity to the Scott Trade Center, Union Station and other attractions is great.

The only negative is parking expense. A few years ago, it was $15 per day. I imagine it is $20-$25 per day now.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X