No announcement yet.

WSU vs. BU - pre-game predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub summed it up pretty well. I just want to emphasize his last point..... REGGIE, THROW THE DAMN BALL TO THE POST OR GO SIT NEXT TO THE WALK-ONS!
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
      We knew Kyles would take a little more time as a FR to come around. He's not scoring, but I don't think he's really hurting us too much with poor decisions or horrid D. He does look a little more comfortable.

We do need others to step up though. I did like the fact that Stutz was practically demanding the ball in the 2nd half while posting up. Too bad the guards couldn't get him the damn ball. I think he only had about 3 touches inside the entire 2nd half. And one wasn't a great pass that put him on the baseline behind the goal.

AJ has been more consistent and more aggressive offensively. He's starting to play like the player we all want. Not getting quite the point total but it's a start and progress. He had some nice dishes while slashing as well last night.

Murry needs to find a way to be a little more productive in the first half. He's definitely been a 2nd half player lately.

Durley has been playing much better coming off the bench. There's still hope but it's frustrating while we wait.

I know Clemente isn't an offensive threat but I wish he'd be a little more aggressive on that end.

Hannah has played pretty well. Last night wasn't bad, but we needed him to score more.

Can Chamberlain make an entry pass? I'm not sure I've seen one yet...

If the Shox would just stop going to sleep for 10 minutes or so each game things look much better. In that sense things aren't quite as bad as they appear. We have the players to be better if we could stop losing our intensity for such a long stretch all at once.
      The guards could have gotten Stutz the ball in the 2nd half if they weren't so busy spinning like a top trying to get around their defender so they could be the PLAY MAKER and drive to the basket. Maybe that's the issue with too many "play makers" on the team. We've had alot of 1 on 1 basketball in our losses. Our assist total hasn't been horrible, so there is SOME good going on, but last night alone I saw several times the guard had their back to the post trying to get around their defender while Stutz or others were down low with a good angle on the basket and calling for the ball. Instead of seeing the pass we continue to try and drive and have to take a lower percentage shot. The court vision by our team hasn't been as good as I'd hoped. And yes, I realize Hannah is averaging 4.4 assists per game, but outside of that we don't have too many people helping out on that stat.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I noticed that Durley's cheering section wasn't there last night. It seems like when they are there screaming & hollering for him, he has a better game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
          I noticed that Durley's cheering section wasn't there last night. It seems like when they are there screaming & hollering for him, he has a better game.
          Yeah, but I'm not for people cheering when Stutz misses a freethrow because they know that it means Durley might come back in.....yeah I saw it!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            2. Ramon Clemente graduates.
            That's both good and bad. It's bad because we lose the aggressiveness and rebounding, but it's good because of his free throw shooting. Hopefully we can get inside players who can make a decent percentage from the line.

Ramon has done pretty good for never having play high school basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02

Enough said.
              I see a picture caption contest on the KU or Creighton sites coming on with that one.

Comment

• Marshall kinda reminds me of what Turg was doing in the 2002-03 ish seasons. That's where we are right now. Some of you just had to set yourselves up ..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Sully makes some interesting obsevations about HCGM discussing Lutz's article.

Comment

• I could not understand why we didn't interrupt the weaving pattern by the Bradley guards and 3 man. In previous games, one of our guys would jump out and interrupt the pattern weave where the opponent had to stop their pattern play.

We let them work their offense too much.

Comment

• Against Bradley they were mostly switching on the weave. Which normally keeps it from causing many problems.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                      X