Clear All

• MVC Power Rankings according to the Star

Nice comments about the Shockers.

Comment

That was a breath of fresh air :good:

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
        And, I'm sorry to say, a very large IF ("If the Shockers can play a competitive game on the road against the preseason favorite,..."). Nothing would make me dance around the Christmas Tree more than to see us win Sunday night. What a nice Christmas present that would be. Almost as good as Mr. Coy deciding he wants to be a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
          And, I'm sorry to say, a very large IF ("If the Shockers can play a competitive game on the road against the preseason favorite,..."). Nothing would make me dance around the Christmas Tree more than to see us win Sunday night. What a nice Christmas present that would be. Almost as good as Mr. Coy deciding he wants to be a Shocker.
          Creighton may be about the best our league has to offer right now, but they are NO Georgetown. We have a chance here. Don't get me wrong--I'm not predicting victory, but it's not a stretch at all for us to be competitive and not IMPOSSIBLE for us to win.

As far as I'm concerned, the 'real' season starts over on Sunday, and everyone is even. Nothing else matters.

If we don't out-rebound Creighton I'd be shocked, and if we shoot free throws decently and play the kind of defense we're capable of, anything could happen.

What do we have to lose? We're picked 9th!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
            Creighton may be about the best our league has to offer right now, but they are NO Georgetown. We have a chance here. Don't get me wrong--I'm not predicting victory, but it's not a stretch at all for us to be competitive and not IMPOSSIBLE for us to win.

As far as I'm concerned, the 'real' season starts over on Sunday, and everyone is even. Nothing else matters.

If we don't out-rebound Creighton I'd be shocked, and if we shoot free throws decently and play the kind of defense we're capable of, anything could happen.

You're right, it just depends on which team shows up. If the team that shows passion and wants to win badly shows up then we have a shot at a win and will definitely be competitive.

I don't think these guys will overlook the predicted Valley champs in their first conference game.

Comment

Maybe this year, Ifs and Buts WILL be candy and nuts!!!!

Go Shox!! Merry Christmas!!!

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Thanks indeed KC Shox for this link you shared with us on Christmas Day. The concerns and strengths of our young Shocks have been well chronicled here on SN. Since many of the experts were picking us 8th or 9th, this article was refreshing to read.

The talent we now have along with better quality depth does make me believe we could be the most improved team in the Valley and thus a surprise team. Let's hope some of the tough teams we played thus far have helped us learn to improve the weaknesses we have. If only the Shocks can really mesh and play together----watch out!!!!

So, what thinketh KC Shox about where the Shockers will finish in the Valley race this Season?

Reply #7
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

As I said, I would love it if our Shoxs could pull this off Sunday. However , I am under no allusions here --

You are correct that Creighton is no Georgetown -- however the Georgetown of NOW is vastly improved over the Georgetown of THEN. We were not expected to give anyone a true game in Orlando -- we were supposed to lose all three. Instead, we competed.

You are again using the "If we" scenario -- "If we" do this and "If we" do that. I am looking forward to the day when we have no more "If we" clarifying statements.

All I ask is that we compete -- and compete HARD. When you compete HARD for 40+ minutes of playing time, the wins will follow. We all know what makes up a complete game -- field goals, free throws, rebounding, smart offense and good, hardnosed, in-your-face defense. We'll get there -- sometime. Hope it starts Sunday. What a boost that would be.

Comment

As I said, I would love it if our Shoxs could pull this off Sunday. However , I am under no allusions here --

You are correct that Creighton is no Georgetown -- however the Georgetown of NOW is vastly improved over the Georgetown of THEN. We were not expected to give anyone a true game in Orlando -- we were supposed to lose all three. Instead, we competed.

You are again using the "If we" scenario -- "If we" do this and "If we" do that. I am looking forward to the day when we have no more "If we" clarifying statements.

All I ask is that we compete -- and compete HARD. When you compete HARD for 40+ minutes of playing time, the wins will follow. We all know what makes up a complete game -- field goals, free throws, rebounding, smart offense and good, hardnosed, in-your-face defense. We'll get there -- sometime. Hope it starts Sunday. What a boost that would be.
                    Can't argue with that. GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      Thanks indeed KC Shox for this link you shared with us on Christmas Day. The concerns and strengths of our young Shocks have been well chronicled here on SN. Since many of the experts were picking us 8th or 9th, this article was refreshing to read.

The talent we now have along with better quality depth does make me believe we could be the most improved team in the Valley and thus a surprise team. Let's hope some of the tough teams we played thus far have helped us learn to improve the weaknesses we have. If only the Shocks can really mesh and play together----watch out!!!!

So, what thinketh KC Shox about where the Shockers will finish in the Valley race this Season?

Reply #7
                      We finish 6th.

Comment

KC you must be in the holiday spirit. That is one of the most positive posts by you in a long while. I would agree with that pick. Have a happy new year. :D

Comment

KC Shox---Not a bad prediction---and if you are correct, that would be a nice jump from 9th. I was averaging what several posters have predicted on SN and it averaged out to around 6th as well.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

For the 19th time, ... 8th.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

F'n Homers! (Humor!) I'll be happy with a middle of the pack finish. Higher, even better :good: :clap:

Go Shockers!!!!!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X