Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux and Shox - Postgame

Post game summary here: http://shockersports.blogspot.com/

Reggie was great tonight with the 3's, helped us out a lot with the zone.

I picked Aaron Ellis as the breakout player of the game, and that makes me 0 for 2.

quotes

Comment

All I can say, there must be a lot players having to run a lot by not hitting 75% of free throws in practice. 48% tonight as a team, pitiful.

Comment

It is so hard for me to watch Ramon miss like he does, but I guess it has so much to do with his street ball past. I doubt they shot a lot from the line back home.

But when he plays like he played tonight, 6/6 from the field, I can't get too mad.

It isn't like he doesn't work on it either.

Also, I didn't listen to much of the post game. I turned it off the second I heard someone complain about Hawk's dunk.

Comment

shocks02, You do a nice job on your pre-game summaries and post-game wrap-ups. Your wrep-ups seem to be pretty much the way I see the games from where I sit in Koch Arena.

One small favor to ask, please take a few minutes and look-up usage of there, their, they're, were and we're. The content on your blog is very good, but your grammar needs some work. There is a nice summary here: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

Sorry to be an a$$, but it will help readibility a bit.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

12/25 free throws blows. what that abysmal stat doesnt show is the number of missed front ends of one and ones.

this stat will cost us several valley games.

Comment

Didn't see the game saturday, but the first half of last night's game was unwatchable. If it was always like that, I would give up my tickets. Thank God the game speeded up after halftime. Thoughts include......

1. If the wind is gonna blow like that, I've got to get a parking pass and get closer.

2. Reggie has heavy feet, but he can shoot.

3. Complaining about AJ's dunk? Are you freaking kidding me?

4. Aaron Ellis is lost. I have no idea if he will find himself again.

5. I could watch Clemente play 24/7.

6. Stutz had one, and only one, agressive move. Progress is made in very small steps.

7. The crowd wanted to get into the game all night, but the team has to help. In the second half they finally did.

8. When we did have an impressive play, and the crowd noise began, the jumbotron would instantly show a replay, which quieted the crowd, not incited it. Where was the Shock-o-meter? We could have blown the roof off a couple times.

Comment

Good stuff, shockers02. Keep it up.

Comment

Reggie to the rescue.

Record about where most expected us to be.

A lot of inconsistency as expected.

Bouts of anemic free-throw shooting probably not expected.

Still a lot of questions to be answered entering conference play.

Very difficult to predict how things will go.

Will find out pretty quick exactly where we stand opening MVC play with Creighton on the road. Looking forward to seeing how the Shocker fare in that one.

Comment

Unfortunately Ramon and Garrett set the tone by clanking free throws early and often. It seems that when the right person gets to the line early
                    and makes a pair of free throws it loosens everyone else up (i.e. Clevin, Toure or AJ). If we are to have a chance against CU got to make free throws.
                    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

If we start off in Omaha the way we did last night, against Georgetown, against Michigan State, against Texas Tech, I’m afraid it will get ugly early. Yeah we came back to make all those games respectable but Creighton just has this uncanny ability to bury us with a barrage of early threes. Again, if we look like doodoo in the first 5 to10 minutes then it would not surprise me to see us down 20 in the first half on into early second half. We need to be ready to play spoiler once the ball goes up – deny the ball, don’t lose your man, no open looks, and for jiminy christmas make the bunnies.

Comment

Boston,

We actually did make the bunnies last night, we were about 75% from inside the three-point line last night. I think Ramon in particular has been working hard on this, becuase I know we were bagging on him early in the season when it seemed we missed a lot of these shots. Last night I was glad to see us attack the basket, and even when we went 0-fer from 3, we still had a 7 point lead at the half. That tells me the guys recognize the importance of getting the ball inside. Free throws still continue to be a mystery, one game we'll make 80%, the next game 50%. I am beginning to think we need to get one of our better shooters to the line early to get everyone to loosen up.

If we can play defense for a full 40 minutes like we did in the second half, we could be a very difficult team to beat.

Also, on the pace of the game. Against Georgetown, MSU, and Texas Tech, we were the team who wanted to slow the game down, because we couldn't match up athletically with those teams (not yet, anyway). Limiting those posessions allowed us to stay closer and build confidence. Against teams like UMD, they are the athletically inferior team who wants to slow things down. They did a good job of that in the first half, but our press finally started to speed them up in the second half when we brought a little more intensity to the defensive end.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Wondering about....

1. Why Hawkins passed up so many open 3 looks?

2. Why Ellis looks so gloomy?

3. Why a player shoots 43% from the 3 line and only 50% from the 15' line?

4. Why David Kyles does not score more?

5. Why the Shockers struggle so mightily against a team like ND?

Just wondering.

Comment

1. Most of the shots he passed up were early in the shot clock. He's not a bad shooter but not the guy you want jacking up 3's 7 seconds into the possession.

2. No clue

3. If baffles the mind doesn't it...

4. He will. I thought he looked a lot more comfortable out there last night.

5. Poor shooting is all it was.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              1. Most of the shots he passed up were early in the shot clock. He's not a bad shooter but not the guy you want jacking up 3's 7 seconds into the possession.
                              Thank God or we would've ended up shooting about 10% from outside and given them about 5 or 6 extra possessions.

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              5. Poor shooting is all it was.
                              Sure seems this team has been shooting bad for a while now, ... oh wait, they have.. all year. Maybe we just aren't a good shooting team. The FT stats also seem to back up this.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X