Ellis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis?

Yes, we all know Aaron has the bad toe, etc.

But does anyone else think he looks more like a freshman so far this year than he did late last year? I for one was certainly expecting better.

Aaron is having a tough time "getting it" this year....a VERY hard time.

I would assume that everyone (fans, players, coaches, staff and Aaron) expected much, much more from him this year. He has taken a big step backwards in my opinion.

Comment

Who is this Ellis fellow you speak of?

Comment

He's a top HCGM recruit! ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

I'm not worried. 8)

We are 1/3 of the way into the season. As a "team," we are on the right track. Most all of the players are still struggling to find their identities and get on the same page. It will happen, and when it does... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

The rebuilding process will take at least one and probably two more years because....

1. Cannot defend the post

2. Lack of quickness to deter dribble penetration one on one.

3. Outside shot accuracy

4. Depth

5. Size at point guard

6. Maturation of young players

My most burning questions are ....

1. Will David Kyles become a starter or 6th man?

2. Will Garrett Stutz become a 25 minute player with 6-9 rebounds, 10- 12 points and adequate defense.

3. How quick is KJ?

4. Will we make it back to the Big Dance, before I die? I am 72 and in good health.

5. And my favorite question. When will we stop missing 1' jump shots. You may consider this question as rhetorical.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              The rebuilding process will take at least one and probably two more years because....

1. Cannot defend the post

2. Lack of quickness to deter dribble penetration one on one.

3. Outside shot accuracy

4. Depth

5. Size at point guard

6. Maturation of young players

My most burning questions are ....

1. Will David Kyles become a starter or 6th man?

2. Will Garrett Stutz become a 25 minute player with 6-9 rebounds, 10- 12 points and adequate defense.

3. How quick is KJ?

4. Will we make it back to the Big Dance, before I die? I am 72 and in good health.

5. And my favorite question. When will we stop missing 1' jump shots. You may consider this question as rhetorical.
              Just about everything in your post made me sad except for this:

I am 72 and in good health.
              That's great to hear because I expect at least 20 more years of posting on Shockernet out of you bro! :good:

T

...8)

Comment

Talking about longevity, does anybody know what happened to AZ Shocker? He stopped posting since Oct 17. :roll:
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Aaron's a good to very good 4. His 19-9 game vs Evansville was in the 4 spot as was the game before that where he was also a force inside.

Aaron is a below average to poor 3. He can't keep up with smaller, quicker 3's and his outside shot is not consistant enough. He looked the same way last year playing the 3. He didn't take off until he started playing the 4.

The problem is we have a beast at the 4 (RC) who soaks up most of the minutes and we more often need help at the 3. Maybe we should just back up the 3 with Hatch and Kyles but NOT AE.

I'd love it if they put AE at the 4 and left him there. He is big enough to play that position and learning one position instead of two would be better. He is also one of the better shot blockers on the team but that is often wasted when he is at the 3.

Comment

Most of his points come from jump shots outside and I haven't seen him get out quicked that much by other wings. No more than anyone else anyway.

I still think he should remain a CF as he's better off facing the basket and having space.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley
                      Maybe we should just back up the 3 with Hatch and Kyles but NOT AE.
                      We all like big lineups, but having 3 guards on the floor that can drive or shoot may help us put some more points on the board.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

AE's best game last year was the last one when he was a PF for the entire game. He scored from inside and medium range (19 points), rebounded well (9), and blocked shots. He posted up more in that game than earlier in the year when he pictured himself as a SF.

Comment

I just don't see any fire in the belly. I hope he proves me dead wrong but I have this feeling the dreaded "P" word will always be attached to his name and etched in history.

Comment

I'm just not sure about the kid. He doesn't seem to know wth is going on on the court ever. He doesn't seem to know where he needs to be or where his man is or how to not throw his long arms into his mans lap when they have the ball. I know the kid has so much potential but I just can't figure out what his deal is. Hes not one of the new kids that's "figuring it out" or "getting used to it". I'm really beginning to think he is never going to come around. Who knows why? I mean the guy just looks totally freaking depressed when he walks onto the court. I just don't get anything about this kid at all. Nothing seems to add up in my mind as to what his deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                              I'm just not sure about the kid. He doesn't seem to know wth is going on on the court ever. He doesn't seem to know where he needs to be or where his man is or how to not throw his long arms into his mans lap when they have the ball. I know the kid has so much potential but I just can't figure out what his deal is. Hes not one of the new kids that's "figuring it out" or "getting used to it". I'm really beginning to think he is never going to come around. Who knows why? I mean the guy just looks totally freaking depressed when he walks onto the court. I just don't get anything about this kid at all. Nothing seems to add up in my mind as to what his deal is.
                              Wow, let's not throw the kid under the bus...
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X