Shocks-Jacks Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Seriously, go to sleep and let it wear off. It's not amusing anymore.
    I am not as drunk as you think I am at this point and you are never as smart as you think you are at any point. Now I am going to go and enjoy myself. Hope you find out what happened to you after you passed out?

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
      And Neither are you!
      But amusing enough to engage with. Forget about sleeping. Maybe you'll just pass out soon enough.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
        And Neither are you!
        But amusing enough to engage with. Forget about sleeping. Maybe you'll just pass out soon enough.
        What do you wish to know?

Comment

Anyone else think the arena seemed dull tonight? It was probably the biggest crowd but just no one was into it.

Seems everyone is getting tired of playing the Centenary's and the Northeastern Alaska's of the world... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
            Anyone else think the arena seemed dull tonight? It was probably the biggest crowd but just no one was into it.

Seems everyone is getting tired of playing the Centenary's and the Northeastern Alaska's of the world... :roll:
            I heard it online. Big crowd, but you're right, kinda dull.

Maybe, just maybe they didn't really have a lot to cheer about?..

Things will pick up once Valley play starts.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

re

Did anyone else notice the bald ref? That dude had a serious case of "look at me" syndrome. I think he blew the whistle on 85% of the calls that were made.

Comment

Re: re

Originally posted by Hurley
                Did anyone else notice the bald ref? That dude had a serious case of "look at me" syndrome. I think he blew the whistle on 85% of the calls that were made.
                Marshall said in the post-game that he thought that the referees did a good job letting them play (!!!????). Come on coach they called almost 50 fouls.

Comment

Total of 10 2nd half fouls (5 each) by the 1st media TO. No flow with so many fouls and hard for the crowd to get into the game.

Comment

At least the Shox demonstrated they can play poorly and still win.

Stutz is starting to get it. Unfortunately he's not strong enough to set an arm and lean. He has to push with his arm and he got called for that a couple of times. At least he was working for position on both ends. This isn't his year, but he'll get there.

Durley had encouraging signs, but I wouldn't call it a great game. He lost 3 passes into the paint and had a 3-second call. The passes were all catchable, he just didn't grab the ball with authority and had it taken away. The 3-second call was pretty obvious. Had one foot in the lane about 12 feet out and faked moving out about 3 times, but he kept one foot firmly planted in the paint instead of moving it 2 feet, setting it down and stepping back in.

Maybe that's part of the reason the Shox stopped going inside.

Our opponents get better results with screens than we do.

Hawkins had a great second half Paging Toure Murry. Paging Toure Murry. Murry had an off night.

I can't find stats yet, but it seemed like WSU was getting a lot of blocks early. When WSU opened up the 10-2 lead at the beginning of the game, it seemed like WSU was stuffing almost every Lumberjack attempt, although I was a long ways away from that basket.

All wins are good. Some are better than others. This one was good.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02

I just arrive from SFO (& DFW) at 5:15pm, got a quick bite to eat and make the National Anthem at the game. I have a right to be tired so give me a break. :D
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Here's what I took from the game:

When angry, Marshall's face resembles that of the masked Hannibal Lecter.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• An ugly win but at least we won. How did this thread turn into the food channel?
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Re: re

Originally posted by Hurley
                            :yes:

He was irritating the hell out of me and my brother. He made a couple of calls WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of his zone. He made a number of make up calls from his bad calls and then made more make up calls for those make up calls. Dude was absolutley brutal. The other two I think did ok but it's hard to tell considering that guy dominated the game.

As far as the atmoshpere goes. The bald ref had a lot to do with how much it sucked. It's hard to get into a game when he's blowing his whistle all the damn time. And the game wasn't THAT physical.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He must be auditioning for the Ed Hightower School of Show-ficiating.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Ugly game from the Shox? No ball movement, stupid passes and turnovers? Noooooooo, can't be. Are we talking about the same Shockers here?

I'm glad Mr. Coy was not at the game tonight, he would have nixed the Shox after viewing this performance.

But, I'm glad we won. Winning ugly or winning pretty doesn't matter on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X