No announcement yet.

thank you coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How exactly do you skip a final and end with a decent grade?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      How exactly do you skip a final and end with a decent grade?
      Most finals I know are, at most, worth 10% of the entire semester's grade. Ace through the semester and you already have a 90 in the bag..

Pretty simple stuff..

(I still think skipping a final, especially by a student-athlete on scholarship, is a no-no.)
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

10% of your grade.. What classes have you taken?

Granted, freshman finals usually make up a smaller proportion of your total grade but it is still quite common to have a final that makes up 25% of your grade. Especially when the professor makes it cumulative.

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Mr. Kyles is not an "A" student. "A" students don't leave anything to chance by skipping a final (I know I didn't).

If you have a "B" or a "C" in a class and you get a zero on the final, you are going to be in a world of hurt.

T

...8)

Comment

These guys and girls are being paid to play.

They need to have their asse* in every class.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, he is an athlete. He was brought to WSU not to help our average GPA but to dunk over 7 footers. If he continues to do the latter, I could care less if he has anything higher than a 2.0000000001. He can skip, sleep, daydream, or text. But at the end of the day, he better fully utilize his "tutors" to get his "C".

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
              These guys and girls are being paid to play.

They need to have their asse* in every class.
              Nobody has their ass in every class, not even the best students. But skipping a final is an action left only to the truly dispassionate.

To be honest with you, it took me some growing up before I reached my academic potential. Seeing an 18 year old make a bad decision in class is not uncommon. To only have one player that is being publicly reprimanded is not bad at all. I would assume most major universities keep classroom struggles to a minimum because it is so common. Kids today are very lazy.

T

...8)

Comment

IF he somehow manages to pass this course and retain his eligibility I say run his sorry arse into the ground. I am not donating to SASO for athletes to play sports and chase skirt and there's nothing wrong with these bene's but they are suppose to be student-athletes and MUST be in the classroom.

My advice to Mr. Kyles is "Pull your head out of your fourth point of contact".

I suspect he's learned his lesson from HCGM or he won't be back in Wichita next season.

Go Shocks!!!!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Everyone is making a big deal over the class skipped being a final. Maybe the final was taken early or a possible take home or online final. It might not be as blatent of an offense as it is being made out to be.

I think the kid is smart enough to show up for a true final. I think Marshall just proved a point to him and the rest of the team!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                    Everyone is making a big deal over the class skipped being a final. Maybe the final was taken early or a possible take home or online final. It might not be as blatent of an offense as it is being made out to be.

I think the kid is smart enough to show up for a true final. I think Marshall just proved a point to him and the rest of the team!
                    Dude c'mon, use some logic...

Do you think coach would be benching this player if he took his final early? :whistle:

T

...8)

Comment

It must be a big deal for him to have to run stairs, benched for a game, and possibly a second game. I'd say it was pretty serious

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

Do you think coach would be benching this player if he took his final early? :whistle:

T

...8)
                        No...but I think he could bench a kid for missing a class even if it were the last one and no final to take.

Comment

He isn't the only one. Another player will be benched if he doesn't quit playing his gameboy in class, and pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

T

...8)
                            No...but I think he could bench a kid for missing a class even if it were the last one and no final to take.
                            Ummmmmm. no.

If you make the grades (which usually means attending class, but not always), you are in the clear. If an athlete has a 3.0, nobody is going to care whether or not he has a gold star for perfect attendance in every class.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              He isn't the only one. Another player will be benched if he doesn't quit playing his gameboy in class, and pay attention.
                              playing his gameboy in class
                              Now that's ballsy. He should stick to cell-phone games only...

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                              X