• Show
Clear All

• KSU up 105 -47 against Gardner Webb

with 3 minutes to go--

Garder must be tired--

Martin owes Marshall a TY note.

I love lamp.

Comment

I was hoping this wouldn't happen but G-W has had what, 8 out of 10 on the road? They are definitely getting tired.

Perhaps apathy is setting in. Going from a rockin' arena like the Roundhouse to the Wildkitties lair is quite an adjustment.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
        I love lamp.
        wrong topic, brick!

Comment

Kansas State's going to the Final Four this year.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Kansas State's going to the Final Four this year.
            No doubt this coach is doing a lot better than their last coach. The Mildkittens could surprise a few teams this year.

T

...8)

Comment

KSU can be very good this year...much better than expected. Earlier this season I got a KU fan to give me 2 to 1 on my money just that KSU can beat KU once this year. Seemed like pretty good odds to me.

Comment

I'll let the G-W coach speak for himself:

Head Coach Rick Scruggs

Opening Statement ...

“Kansas State just shot the ball so well and they out-manned us at every position, they just man handled us. We have played some tough competition this year, playing Oklahoma to a four-point game and Virginia Tech to a three-point game. South Carolina beat us by 15 but it was really a closer game than the score showed, it was a five point game with five minutes left to go in the game but we just couldn’t hold them down. This is by far the strongest team we have seen this year from top to bottom. It was a mirage of three pointers and rebounds and everything you can talk about, great pressure defense and a well coached group. They are fun to watch on film and they are terrible to play against. I hate having to play against them because as a coach you know what is coming and you try to tell your players but they just aren’t ready for it because we don’t have those kinds of athletes to practice against. We try to go over the pressure that our kids will see in practice but when it becomes live it is a 150 mph for our kids. I wish we could have played better and the way we played at Oklahoma and Virginia Tech because maybe it would have been a 30 point loss instead of a 50 point loss, or whatever it was. I think K-State would have beaten us regardless of how we played tonight. They played well in every aspect of the game. I can not think of anything that they did wrong or really bad. The execution was perfect on offensive and defense. They hit shots, they hit free throws and they didn’t turn the ball over very much. I don’t know what we can take out of a game like this except for being embarrassed and hopefully that will push us to play better in the next game.”

On whether K-State is a well kept secret...

“From what I have seen yes, they are. I watched about five films on K-State and after every one of them I said that these guys are just fun to watch. I told coach (Martin) that you guys are really fun to watch when I was talking to him before the game. They shoot the three, press, and run the break, every thing that the fans want to see and you do it well. I think they are well kept secret. Oklahoma has a pretty nice team as well as Virginia Tech but I don’t know how they will fair against the North Carolinas of the world but I don’t know how anyone can fair against the North Carolinas of the world. Blake Griffin makes Oklahoma so good; if you take him off I wonder how good they would be. I don’t think that is the case with K-State. They can run three players in and take three players out and you wouldn’t be able to tell any difference except for their jersey number in terms of the how the flow of the game goes. The level of play doesn’t drop off, the pressure continues. They play with a sense of urgency that most teams don’t play with.”

Comment

I think they're a legitimate National Championship candidate.

It looks like the crushing volleyball blow to Santa Clara wasn't bad enough to get BCSCat to jump off the cliff.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Basketball might be the only sport they have in which they are the best team in the state at this moment.

Certainly isn't baseball, volleyball, football...

OK, I'll give you Equestrian.

Comment

Working...
                    X