Good Coaches Show Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Coaches Show Question

I'm going to be gone tomorrow so I won't be able to listen but was hoping someone would call in and ask Marshall what he thinks about two sport collegiate athletes.

This would erase the question of Marshall wont want Johnny Coy because he's a 2-sport athlete.

(thanks in advance if you call in)

do we have to say "thanks, i'll hang up and listen?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      do we have to say "thanks, i'll hang up and listen?"
      Who doesn't?

Comment

fyi...

WSU Coach's Show with Head Coach Gregg Marshall
        6:00 PM Tuesday December 16, 2008
        Find out the latest goings on in Shocker Basketball here on NewsRadio 1330 KNSS
        SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
          fyi...

lol no wondering shockerradio.com isnt working for me
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            Originally posted by SFL
            fyi...

lol no wondering shockerradio.com isnt working for me
            Yea, I was getting close to firin' an email to owen (j/k). :D
            SFL is back!

Comment

It's an easy question to ask without getting into recruiting. Paul Miller originally was a two-sport athlete and Kendall Wright, a teammate of Duley's in HS, is on the basketball roster at Baylor after starting at wide receiver in football.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I just played the archived Coach's Show for today and it was 1 hour of dead air. Did someone happen to listen to it on the radio?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  I just played the archived Coach's Show for today and it was 1 hour of dead air. Did someone happen to listen to it on the radio?
                  :yahoo: :clap:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Well, since the Coach's Show was moved to today, did anyone happen to catch it? It wasn't archived, so I missed it.

Comment

Well, since the Coach's Show was moved to today, did anyone happen to catch it? It wasn't archived, so I missed it.
                      Listened to most of it. Nothing earth shattering. Talked about the need for guys under the basket to either put the ball in the square or jam it when they are going to score down low. He hates the finger role and they are working very hard to get guys (both in practice and on the recruiting trail) who will make the ball go down through the nets with force.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Looks like Juco beat me to it... :D

I listened to part of it. Not too many worthy calls this evening. One comment did catch my attention and it had something to do with us missing so many lay-ups. HCGM said we're out recruiting players that can 'dunk' the basketball with authority... he mentioned that he wasn't a fan of the 'finger roll'. He mentioned that Gabe Blair and Hamilton love to 'throw it down', however we're out searching for more of this type of player... players who can finish around the rim with authority.

:good: :good:

I fondly recall the days of Carr, Levingston and X-Man... they could 'throw it down' with the best. In the early 80's Denny Crum's Louisville teams were nicknamed the 'Doctor's of Dunk', but we came in a close second.

Get your tickets now...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

One comment did catch my attention and it had something to do with us missing so many lay-ups. HCGM said we're out recruiting players that can 'dunk' the basketball with authority.
                          Well, that should be pretty easy. I mean, no other schools would want kids who can dunk, right?

Comment

Yes, Carr, Levingston, and McDaniel, those indeed were special times, weren't they?

It would be nice if we can once again see a blend of power basketball along with some other finesse players. That would be special.

There is just a feeling that we are not far from seeing that kind of team at WSU again.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                              One comment did catch my attention and it had something to do with us missing so many lay-ups. HCGM said we're out recruiting players that can 'dunk' the basketball with authority.
                              Well, that should be pretty easy. I mean, no other schools would want kids who can dunk, right?
                              Yes, I would assume all D-1 coaches are looking for this type of player, however I have a ‘gut feeling’ that HCGM and his staff will find some of them. It sounds like he already has a couple of them… and maybe another one with EO? Who knows? It’s just refreshing to hear the confidence that our coach displays when it comes to recruiting. I don’t hear him making excuses or downplaying the ‘type’ of player he hopes to ‘recruit’ at this level. I think he feels he can recruit ‘high level’ players here because of our fan base, facilities, City of Wichita and our *overall commitment to athletic excellence... he has a lot to sell here.

:good: :good:

* http://www.goshockers.com/fls/7500/s...Dec%202008.pdf
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X