Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox - GW Postgame Thread

I've got a post-game recap posted here: http://shockersports.blogspot.com/

Overall great game tonight Shox. A lot of players really stepped up.

Post game quotes from Marshall, Clemente, Durley, and Murry

Comment

Wow

Unfortunately, I could neither watch nor listen, so I just saw the box after the game. Two minutes from Aaron Ellis? Is he okay? Is the toe still hampering him?

Not saying that there's anyone in particular whose minutes I wish he had taken -- but WSU will be a better team when Ellis is able to play more than two minutes and make it worthwhile.

Comment

If he can make 5, 10, 15 minutes worthwhile, bring it on. Otherwise, Aaron, sit.

Comment

Re: Shox - GW Postgame Thread

Originally posted by shocks02

Thanks for the wrap up. Sounds good. By the way in the last paragraph defiantly should be definitely.

Comment

I haven't compared Ellis' stats through 8 games from last year to this year, but I can't imagine that what he's done this year is much of an improvement over what he did early last year.

Fr to So is the year that improvement is expected and Ellis' finish to last year gave reason to hope (or expect) that Ellis would be a factor this year. That's not happening.

I remember Troy Mack. Troy didn't do much his first 3 years, but came on in his Sr. year and we really needed his production that year.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It could be that because "screening" was emphasized in practice this week - possibly Mantas grasped this concept better than Aaron. Hence Mantas got more playing time - just guessing.

Comment

It was good seeing Mantas out there. Bad knees and all he can dunk!!!!

Comment

Again another great recap!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
                    It could be that because "screening" was emphasized in practice this week - possibly Mantas grasped this concept better than Aaron. Hence Mantas got more playing time - just guessing.
                    I think Ellis saw limited minutes last night due to match ups. Ellis doesn't tend to get a lot of playing time against smaller faster match ups. He does seem to see quite a bit of time against taller slower match ups were he may have the advantage.

Comment

Here's the deal. Let's hope that the win last night was pivotal in getting our young team on track. The tough stretch we returned from could prove invaluable as the Season continues and Valley play begins soon.

We did win the rebound war but only 40-33. How about our showing from the stripe at 14-17. However, GW shot 21 free throws. I would like us to draw more fouls.

Murray' had 3 steals, led the team with 6 assists, had 4 rebounds, and 19 points. Wow---and he is a Freshman. Chamberlain did a great job filling in for both Hannah and Murray who were in foul trouble. He scored 9 and has a sweet shot.

We will not hit our 3's game in and game out like last night. Thus, I would really look forward to the continued development of our inside game. GW was a short team and I thought we could have exploited them more inside the paint.

We all needed this win last night and I really believe this team will come together. If so, just how far can this young team improve this Season? Stay tuned!!!!!!!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                        It was good seeing Mantas out there. Bad knees and all he can dunk!!!!
                        It's really sad that Mantas is so beat up... he has UNBELIEVABLE hops for a white-boy. There was a time during one of his first few games with us last year that he got up so high that my jaw just dropped. He was going to dunk over another player and was just a little too far from the rim but he absolutely skied in a surprisingly explosive fashion.

When God was handing out hops this boy took seconds but forgot to pick up a side of heavy-duty connective tissue... too bad. :(

T

...8)

Comment

Re: Shox - GW Postgame Thread

Originally posted by shocks02

You do a good job on the blog. Thanks.

Comment

Some good game video highlights on GoShockers.com (double click on the picture for full-screen viewing.

:good: :good:
                            SFL is back!

Comment

Your blog is really coming around. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                              X