Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New article about Kenny Manigault

Nice article about Kenny Manigault

Stay up to date with all the South-carolina high school sports news, recruiting, and more at 247Sports.com

Re: New article about Kenny Manigault

Originally posted by mick
    Nice article about Kenny Manigault

http://hssouthcarolina.scout.com/2/820055.html
    I'm very excited about this kid.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Looks like KJ is a seasoned alley-oop thrower. We could use one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
        Looks like KJ is a seasoned alley-oop thrower. We could use one of those.
        Remember how at the beginning of the season HCGM had our players doing drills where they had to jump from post to post on a timed dunking drill? We have plenty of "dunkers" on our team now but nary a dunk?

I'm sure HCGM is all for the dunk but for some reason the Shockers have been cursed for a long time in having a player that either would or could dunk with consistency.

I know P.J. dunked when he could and Jamar would give us some nice nights, but when was the last time that we could actually go to the RoundHouse and expect someone to dunk on someone that night... *sigh* :cry:

My hopes and dreams for a dunking machine are resting on this guy for next year...

This guy just smells like a dunker! :yahoo:

T

...8)

Comment

Garrett has sent home 2 or 3 dunks so far this year but his just aren't real flashy like the ones you see on top 10 or something. I agree hopefully Gabe will be that type of player, we need one.

Comment

AJ is supposed to be that guy now. Our problem is that we just don't get enough transition baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              We have plenty of "dunkers" on our team now but nary a dunk?
              Doesn't this require somebody who will play inside who will post up closer than 17'?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                AJ is supposed to be that guy now. Our problem is that we just don't get enough transition baskets.
                AJ is just another Jamar Howard (in reference to height); wings are cute but a serious dunking machine needs to be 6'8"+ unless they are a freak.

T

...8)

Comment

Garrett has sent home 2 or 3 dunks so far this year but his just aren't real flashy like the ones you see on top 10 or something.
                  The only reason he can dunk is because he is 7' tall and can easily reach the basket.

You will not see any Sports Center top ten dunks out of him he has the vertical leap of a pigmy gnat.
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                    Garrett has sent home 2 or 3 dunks so far this year but his just aren't real flashy like the ones you see on top 10 or something.
                    The only reason he can dunk is because he is 7' tall and can easily reach the basket.

You will not see any Sports Center top ten dunks out of him he has the vertical leap of a pigmy gnat.
                    lol.

At least he has a vertical though.. Ryan Bradley had a negative vertical leap. When he jumped, something would happen (to his knees?) where he would lose height. It appeared to me to be a physiological miracle.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

T

...8)

Comment

Ryan Bradley had a negative vertical leap.
                      That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                        Ryan Bradley had a negative vertical leap.
                        That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                        Ricky liked it too. ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

How can you tell if he drinks?
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Greg Dreiling didn't have much of a vertical either. I've heard the "negative vertical leap" reference before. It was applied to Dreiling.

I watched Dreiling as a Fr. That was a while ago, but I believe Dreiling had a more polished game as a Fr than Stutz. One huge difference is the players around Dreiling compared to the players around Stutz.

Miller wasn't known for his vertical, but when he went to NBA camps, his vertical was measured at 33". Miller went through 3 years of criticism for soft defense, no hands, and not being aggressive. It was actually 3-1/2 years. When the Miller-criticizing group finally figured out Miller was doing pretty good his Sr year, they jumped on the bandwagon and now Miller is their hero.

Generally, big centers look a lot better when they're playing against younger, less mature, and less conditioned players. They look worse when they're playing against older, more mature, and better-conditioned players.

It's only the one-year big players who look good as Fr and go NBA after that year. Patrick O'Bryant was no world-beater as a So when he went pro, and he wasn't intimidating or dominating as a Fr.

The list of very good D1 big players who had hardly anything but potential their Fr year is a very long list.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

David Kyles will get his in time. I still remember the baseline drive at Shocker Madness. That won't be the last time we see that from him.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X