No announcement yet.

Gardner-Webb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe in order to win we are going to need 4 players in double digits and score at least 70 pts.

We will need a near double-double out of Ramon, Durley and Stutz both need to get 5 rebounds and one needs to score in the 10 pt. range while the other around 6 or 7 pts, we need at least 10 pts. and 5 assists out of Hannah, Murry needs to give us more than 5 and limit the turnovers, Hawkins needs to hit his average, and we need solid contributions from two of the following four: Chamberlain, Kyles, Hatch, and/or Ellis.

If we do this I think we will win.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Originally posted by Triticum
      It's a genetic fact that black boys reach adolescence almost a year earlier than whites.
      <citation needed>
      It's common knowledge if you are a human living on earth and have had exposure to other races while growing up but... ...in order to quash what must be a burning desire for you to say something politically correct:

T

...8)
      Politically correct? Pffft... believe it or not I was genuinely curious about the study. Kudos to you for posting the link. I wonder if an AMA journal would have chosen to publish their results if they were already such common knowledge to every living human... Regardless, I appreciate that there are differences between human populations, and find it interesting that environmental factors such as diet, exposure to chemicals, and lifestyle can all affect the rate of development.

Wait, now we're getting off topic

GO SHOX!
      Do it with DEFENSE!
      Do it with REBOUNDING!
      Do it with INSIDE SCORING!

Comment

It's a genetic fact that black boys reach adolescence almost a year earlier than whites.
        <citation needed>
        It's common knowledge if you are a human living on earth and have had exposure to other races while growing up but... ...in order to quash what must be a burning desire for you to say something politically correct:

Politically correct? Pffft... believe it or not I was genuinely curious about the study. Kudos to you for posting the link. I wonder if an AMA journal would have chosen to publish their results if they were already such common knowledge to every living human... Regardless, I appreciate that there are differences between human populations, and find it interesting that environmental factors such as diet, exposure to chemicals, and lifestyle can all affect the rate of development.

Wait, now we're getting off topic

GO SHOX!
        Do it with DEFENSE!
        Do it with REBOUNDING!
        Do it with INSIDE SCORING!
        Forgive my oversensitivity. The brevity and tone of your request appeared to me as if you were attempting to line me up! :good:

No doubt that chemicals/steroids in beef and dairy producing animals is accountable for the larger and quicker growth rates in humans. But, Africans have always been quick developers. It's not entirely rare to hear about 8 year old girls in Africa giving birth... :shock: :shock: :shock:

T

...8)

Comment

Can we just think of WSU's players and recruits as individuals and not categorize them? There is a huge amount of diversity among individuals with vastly varying ancestry. Where an individual falls within the variations of his own ethnic background is more important than simply considering ancestry based on something so simplistic as the hue of their skin.

Jason Perez, Paul Miller, Maurice Evans. That's 3 great players in recent WSU history. It's what's under the skin that makes the person.

I can't imagine a recruiting trip where the coach asks the recruit when he sprouted his first pubes and did he notice his testicles getting larger about the same time.

If the guy sprouted out too soon, maybe there's a chance he's a player who peaked early and will never improve over what he did in HS.

Age of puberty onset and associating that with ethnic backgrounds as a predictor of D1 basketball ability is probably the lamest argument I've ever seen in a basketball thread.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No doubt that chemicals/steroids in beef and dairy producing animals is accountable for the larger and quicker growth rates in humans.
            Chemicals/steroids in farm animals is a fairly recent development. One of the early steroids was Stilbesterol, which only had any level of widespread use around the 1950's. That doesn't account for the fact that every generation prior to the 1950's was larger than their ancestors.

Steroids in beef animals was largely discontinued by the 1970's. There was no noticeable change in the growth rate patterns of the population.

The dairy industry has used growth hormone for about 30 years to stimulate milk production. That industry has used antibiotics for about 50 years to increase productivity.

The cows use the growth hormone to produce more milk. Once the cows use it, it's used. It's gone. It's used up. It isn't there any more.

While the cows are using it, some gets into their milk. If you drink 100+ gallons of milk a day - still nothing.

Some people listen to too much talk radio.

Get a job.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think it has to do with evolution :D

Comment

Other than tonight, i will always have a appreciation for Gardner Webb, because the night they beat kentucky last year was the same night Garrett decided to come to Wichita State.
                :D :wsu_posters:
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  Can we just think of WSU's players and recruits as individuals and not categorize them? There is a huge amount of diversity among individuals with vastly varying ancestry. Where an individual falls within the variations of his own ethnic background is more important than simply considering ancestry based on something so simplistic as the hue of their skin.

Jason Perez, Paul Miller, Maurice Evans. That's 3 great players in recent WSU history. It's what's under the skin that makes the person.

I can't imagine a recruiting trip where the coach asks the recruit when he sprouted his first pubes and did he notice his testicles getting larger about the same time.

If the guy sprouted out too soon, maybe there's a chance he's a player who peaked early and will never improve over what he did in HS.

Age of puberty onset and associating that with ethnic backgrounds as a predictor of D1 basketball ability is probably the lamest argument I've ever seen in a basketball thread.
                  Of course you would make something that was a complete non-issue and turn it into a 4-paragraph tirade.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Of course you would make something that was a complete non-issue and turn it into a 4-paragraph tirade.
                    One of Marvin's (sounds better than Merlin) first posts, if my memory serves, was a lengthy manifesto comparing a pack of wolves with Shocker Basketball. It was so loquacious and haughty it was almost unreal. I immediately pegged him as a tool and have maintained that opinion to this day. Dart boy thinks he is this great Master of the Universe, but I just wish he would go out and list a house or two, because I'm tired of his wife calling and complaining to me...

T

...8)

Comment

You just can't help yourself can you?

Can we just think of WSU's players and recruits as individuals and not categorize them?
                      You mean like when HCGM said the other night that we got beat by a couple of "farm kids"? What do you think he was inferring when he said that? Brothers? :whistle:

How about when he rants and raves about a new recruits "length". Do you think he is referring to his popol? How many white players do you think have great "length"?

Cool.

Bye bye now...

T

...8)

Comment

One of Marvin's (sounds better than Merlin) first posts, if my memory serves, was a lengthy manifesto comparing a pack of wolves with Shocker Basketball. It was so loquacious and haughty it was almost unreal. I immediately pegged him as a tool and have maintained that opinion to this day. Dart boy thinks he is this great Master of the Universe, but I just wish he would go out and list a house or two, because I'm tired of his wife calling and complaining to me...

T

...8)
                        =
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X