Coach's Show 12-09-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Show 12-09-08

Did anyone listen to the Coach's Show this evening? If you did, what was said.

i wasnt paying alot of attention but a couple things that i caught were:
    -Team had a really good practice today, prolly their best in a while. Alot better offensively
    -Coach said the young guys spoke up more today, and he learned alot about them
    -talked about how he dont want JT playing 17 feet from the basket all the time.
    -mentioned that he knew we were in trouble last night, when he saw Ramon getting beat and outhustled to loose balls and rebounds.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He said he had 11 players who thought they are tough - and he had to show them examples in their play that they really weren't that tough.

He said that all the Texas drivers in this city suck in the driving in snow.

Mantas will play friday.

Friday is a must win.

He said the players came away with the impression from the tournament and Tech game they were the s_ _ t. When in reality they hadn't proved anything yet and so they weren't really prepared for the game.

Comment

Man I wish I could have been there tonight. Damn snow...

Does anyone else ever go to these shows?
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

SB your last sentence is a catch 22. It's the coaches responsibility to ensure the team is ready to play (both physically & mentally) but if a kid doesn't want to listen there's not a darn thing that can be done in the immediate time.

Come on Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            He said the players came away with the impression from the tournament and Tech game they were the s_ _ t. When in reality they hadn't proved anything yet and so they weren't really prepared for the game.
            This is rather disturbing that they would be that delusional and weak-minded. I guess their egos were inflated off of moral victories in their minds? On top of that we’re still nowhere near the point where we can overlook anyone and get by with less than full effort.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
              Man I wish I could have been there tonight. Damn snow...

Does anyone else ever go to these shows?

I try to make most shows but for reasons beyond my control I have not made the last 2 which is most disturbing. I am hoping to get things straightened out so that I can return to more important matters.

Comment

That's exactly what I worried about when I started the "Don't Flush All the Goodwill" thread prior to this two game set.

If we can knock off three wins before Christmas, we'll be in a much better position heading into Valley play.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                  SB your last sentence is a catch 22. It's the coaches responsibility to ensure the team is ready to play (both physically & mentally) but if a kid doesn't want to listen there's not a darn thing that can be done in the immediate time.

Come on Shocks!!!!
                  I give Marshall credit for taking the time to sit down and talking with his players. I'm sure the overwhelming desire he felt as a coach was just get back out and practice till they drop. It sounds like he understand some of the mental issues that need to be corrected.

But you do bring up a good point - if they don't want to be coachable then it won't matter what he says. And he won't be able to correct that until after the season when he pulls their scholarship for next year.

Comment

Here's the archived show. It starts around 10 minutes in.

coach-081209.mp3

Comment

We've decided to do a recap of each week's show because people always seem to miss it then want to know what is said. Hope this will help.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                        This is rather disturbing that they would be that delusional and weak-minded. I guess their egos were inflated off of moral victories in their minds? On top of that we’re still nowhere near the point where we can overlook anyone and get by with less than full effort.
                        Disturbing? Try expected. They are young. If they color between the lines they think they are DiVinci.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                          Originally posted by BostonWu
                          Disturbing? Try expected.
                          Marshall was not expecting it. He actually sound perplexed by it.

Comment

All I got to say is:

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comment

Working...
                            X