THE DOMINO THEORY OF 4 COACHING CHANGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock27
    I live in Kentucky (Louisville) and have followed UK basketball since Jamal Mashburn was a player. The reason we wanted Tubby gone was that his system was flawed (in my opinion). The reason I say this is that he was a defense minded coach. That isn't a bad thing, but when you only go after players who can defend but not shoot, you have close games, but no one who can make shots for you.
    It looks like SIU has a prime candidate if Lowery should ever leave!

Comment

it works for SIU

Comment

They also had players who could shoot as well. Kentucky didn't.

Comment

It will be interesting to follow all the coaching changes this coming year, and how they do. Whether they just got lucky with the players they had onboard or whether they can really coach.

No doubt there will probably be a couple of surprises in the MVC with 5 coaching changes. I would say the 3rd year is when the full impact of the coaching changes will hit home.

Comment

SS9 made mention the 5 Coaching changes in the Valley for this coming Season. WSU, Ill. St., Indiana State, Drake, and Evansville. I mentioned them in order of those changes that I believe will have the most improved impact in the Valley this coming year.

Tubby should be able to start improving Minn. right away and make them happy as the begin to climb back in time into the hunt. They have nowhere but "up-up and away" to go and Tubby will prove he can do that.

BG should be welcomed at Kentucky at first with open arms. However, the honeymoon can be over swiftly there if progress is not being made. The bar will be high but I think they have the right man for the job. BG can win, coach and recruit and this job should be a nice fit.

At Texas AM, it appears the fans are high on Coach T. He improved WSU each year until the nose dive of last year. With the rich array of returning talent along with the impressive recruiting Class he inherited, Coach T. should be fine for a couple of years. Around year 3 or 4 will be the "proof of the puddin" and many will be watching this situation like a hawk to see if he can fill some pretty big shoes long-term. Is Coach T's dream job KU some day? If so, how will he Coach against the College he once played for? Will KU ever want him someday to coach when Coach Self leaves? Stay tuned.

WSU has a great find in Coach Marshall. His enthusiasm is contagious and he will get some players in here we have been longing to get. Look for CM to keep lifting the bar. However, in about 3 years if he does as well as I project, the bigger schools will be pounding at his door down with the "green" to back it up. I can't wait to watch him Coach our team and look for improvement this very year even with all the new players. Coach Marshall strikes me as the type of Coach that is not intimidated to play any team in America. I also think he has the charisma and persuasiveness to bring in and sign recruits that normally only elite Colleges land. I think his style of basketball will excite Shocker fans to the max. The sooner this Season begins, the better.

Finally, Coach Randy Peele of Winthrop should do fine this year and they could very well still win the Big South. However, long-term, he will have a difficult time maintaining the excellence of Coach Marshall long term. However, I wish him the very best unless they are playing WSU.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm assuming you meant to have Evansville last and not Indiana State twice...
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yes SubGod22---Thanks and I fixed it. The Valley will sort of have a face-lift this year and who knows how it will all shake out in the end. I hope the Valley of Death still keeps winning big games outside the Conference like the last few years. I would like to see us get a minimum of 3 teams at the Dance this year---us included of course.

While the Shockers had a rocky finish last year----what extreme entertainment it was as we soared to 8th in the Nation with our jump start. The win at the Dome---beating Big Baby and LSU at their place, and so on. We peaked much to early last year. This year should prove to be more consistant overall with a solid finish. We have more quality depth and I can't wait to see our swarming and stingy improved Defense. It seems we will be in tip-top shape as well. I hope we have some full-court pressing that results in some easy baskets.

Comment

Of the 5 coaching changes, 2 didn't make the dance, 2 exited after first round, our former coach is still dancing.
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

He's dancing with someone else's talent too.

Comment

There was a time that I wondered of A&M or Kentucky was even going to the Dance.

Comment

brilliant

Comment

Coach Turgeon's team gave UCLA a great game. The Aggies have around 2 Seniors that started that will graduate. It will be interesting to see if he can get them to the Sweet 16 someday as he led us when he coached at WSU. Maybe we will play A&M someday by chance at one of these future Tourneys?

As I think back to WSU beating Seton Hall handely, and then beating Tennessee, I only then realize how sweet those days were. Yesterday, they were showing scores of WSU----Nortre Dame game with WSU winning. While that was Washington State U., it caused me look into the bright future we have with Coach Marshall, knowing we will Dance again. How will all of these Programs that were effected by coaching changes do next Season? Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                          X