eBay, WSU & Texas Western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay, WSU & Texas Western

OK, I have some extra time tonight, so I thought some of you might enjoy a little historical information.

While searching eBay, I found the following WSU Basketball schedule (1964-65, 21-9, 11-3 – MVC Champ, NCAA Midwest Regional Champ, NCAA Final Four):

I immediately thought of one of my all-time favorite sports movies, ‘Glory Road’ (Based on the 1966 Texas Western NCAA Championship).

‘Glory Road Ending’

I recall playing Texas Western a couple of times in Henry Levitt arena in the mid 60’s.
    Ironically, my research shows that we played them in ’62-’63 (‘W’ in El Paso), ’63-’64 (‘L’ in Wichita), ’64-’65 (‘W’ in Wichita), & ’66-’67 (‘L’ in El Paso), however we didn’t play them in the ’65-’66 year when they won the NCAA Championship? Our all-time record against Texas Western/Texas El Paso (UTEP) is 5-3. Oh, and I also recall a ‘heart attack’ loss to Texas-El Paso in the ’79-’80 NIT in Wichita.

What does any of this have to do with the price of rice in China? Well, I don’t know; just thought it was something interesting and worth sharing. I might have to spend $14.95 on a historic WSU schedule.

Oh, although times have changed, it never hurts to dream and have lofty goals.

:good: :good:

P.S. Disclaimer... the above information is subject to error (s).
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

fyi...

Link 1

Link 2

Staff edit: Shortened the links so as to fit a normal width
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Good stuff.

Glory Road took a lot of historical short cuts.

It didn't happen in one year.

And it is interesting we played them so often in a short time span.

Comment

Working...
      X