X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question, why don't we ever run this play

The Picket Fence

Seems like a no brainer.

I don't know ABC. But I've always thought that if I ever get into coaching at all my team will learn it. It's a must have
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

HCGM must think that too many of our players would get caught watching the paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943
        HCGM must think that too many of our players would get caught watching the paint dry.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think it is interesting to watch coached call for certain plays or defenses, and I have seen HCGM call for a '45' defense several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I think it is interesting to watch coached call for certain plays or defenses, and I have seen HCGM call for a '45' defense several times.
            .45 there's some stopping power :good:
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The picket fence is a gimmick play. You can run it once, but after that it won't work. Just like the crane technique in the Karate Kid. It worked in the first one, but when LaRusso tried to pull that crap in the 2nd one, Chosen was having none of it!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Those gimmick plays can work.

This isn't exactly the true Statue of Liberty play.

Maybe this is the "wounded" Statue of Liberty play.

Boise State's victory in the 2007 Fiesta bowl earns the top 2 positions in ESPN's top 10 plays.

Comment

This actually happened in a HS FB game in Kansas a few years ago. Film made national media - including Letterman. They had explained the play to the referees. It was legal.

Team lined up and a shouted conversation between the QB and coach took place:

This is approximately what happened.

QB: Coach, we got the wrong ball.
                  Coach: What?
                  QB: Coach, this isn't the right ball.
                  Coach: It's gotta be the right ball.
                  QB: No, I think this is a practice ball. It's the wrong ball.
                  Coach: Let me see that ball.
                  QB (to Center): Give me the ball, I've got to show it to coach.

Center stood up from his set position, turned around and handed the ball to the QB, who trotted to the sidelines and then the end zone while both teams stood and watched the play.

It only works once.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I believe that was Flint Hills. My sister knew a guy that was on that team. She may have even dated him at one point. I lost track of all those....
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                      The picket fence is a gimmick play. You can run it once, but after that it won't work. Just like the crane technique in the Karate Kid. It worked in the first one, but when LaRusso tried to pull that crap in the 2nd one, Chosen was having none of it!
                      Perhaps it might work if HCGM had our team practice more wax on wax off and sand the floor routines. 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                        This actually happened in a HS FB game in Kansas a few years ago. Film made national media - including Letterman. They had explained the play to the referees. It was legal.

Team lined up and a shouted conversation between the QB and coach took place:

This is approximately what happened.

QB: Coach, we got the wrong ball.
                        Coach: What?
                        QB: Coach, this isn't the right ball.
                        Coach: It's gotta be the right ball.
                        QB: No, I think this is a practice ball. It's the wrong ball.
                        Coach: Let me see that ball.
                        QB (to Center): Give me the ball, I've got to show it to coach.

Center stood up from his set position, turned around and handed the ball to the QB, who trotted to the sidelines and then the end zone while both teams stood and watched the play.

It only works once.
                        I thought this was discussed on Shockernet a year or two ago. There are videos on YouTube if you want to do a search. Also I thought this play was illegal in Kansas high school football.

Comment

I'm so thirsty............

Basketball means so much to me.......

I'm so sorry coach....

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            I'm so thirsty............

Basketball means so much to me.......

I'm so sorry coach....

Are you trying to say our team isnt working hard enough? 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

When I am in doubt, I always ask myself, "What would Nobama do?"

Comment

Working...
                              X