Shox vs Red Raiders pre game talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Red Raiders pre game talk

Looking forward to our first true road test. By the way their fans talk on their board, we can prolly control the boards, and we need a heavy dose of Garrett and Durley, as they have mentioned their inside defense is horrible. It will be a good test for us.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

My company has a center in Lubbock.

Unfortunately my boss wont allow me to email them with a large picture of Wu.

oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

oh well.
      How tall is he? :yahoo:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Was looking through there roster and saw one of there starters was Nick Okorie, sounds familiar. Didn't we recruit him?

Also looks like there biggest guy is 6'8". It appears Tech doesn't play a lot of real big center looking guys, more athletic power forward type. I can't figure out after watching the first few games if Stutz is going to play better against athletic smaller posts or bigger posts?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
          Was looking through there roster and saw one of there starters was Nick Okorie, sounds familiar. Didn't we recruit him?
          We did. I'm not sure if we ever offered or not off the top of my head but I believe he went the JUCO route before ending up at Tech.

Looking at their roster I believe we also had contact with Robert Lewandowski from OP.

Then of course there's Darko who impressed many people in Hutch last year. But I believe he was already committed to Tech.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

oh well.
            It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission! :clap:

Well... most of the time :D
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Shockfever....is this you posting as a Red Raider fan over on their board? ;-) :D

Before we all poopie our pants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. MSU was without Goran Suton, their best inside player

2. Delvin Roe has two bum knees

3. Had MSU shot even 70% from the floor, they'd have won by at least 13 points

4. Game was kinda "low" on the adrenalin scale for MSU, given they had played Maryland and Oklahoma State, and the leaky roof took away some continuity.

And isn't Georgetown without some pretty good players from last year?
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                Shockfever....is this you posting as a Red Raider fan over on their board? ;-) :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. MSU was without Goran Suton, their best inside player

2. Delvin Roe has two bum knees

4. Game was kinda "low" on the adrenalin scale for MSU, given they had played Maryland and Oklahoma State, and the leaky roof took away some continuity.

And isn't Georgetown without some pretty good players from last year?
                Sure isn't, but thanks for thinking of me.. :good:

Some valid points though.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I like Pat Knight, he's a good coach and he really knows the game. His team has some very good shooters. Voskuil can control a game from the perimeter. He's very good off the ball, using screens to get open, and he can win games all by himself if he really gets going. Roberson talks a lot of smack and can shoot it from 25 feet. He has some bounce to his game. They're very effective with their screening, just like his old man's teams. They don't have much down low offensively or defensively, and depend on teamwork to score and defend inside. Their team defense is solid, but won't be nearly as good as what you saw in Orlando. This is a well-coached team that preys on teams that take them lightly. Tech just had a nice win against Mississippi State, but I like this match-up for WSU if the Shockers can match the intensity they showed in Orlando. Good luck!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

[quote="shockerfan"]Shockfever....is this you posting as a Red Raider fan over on their board? ;-) :D

quote]
                    I would guess that most teams shooting a "mere" 70% from the floor would win by at least 13 points.

Comment

Working...
                    X