Bradley's Egolf out for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley's Egolf out for season

Bradley's starting center, 6-9 Will Egolf is out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The sophomore is expected to recieve a medical redshirt.
    In the fast lane

It's a rough, tough game. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
      Amen to that.

I watched some of the 2nd half of the Gonzaga/Tennessee game and wondered if it was some sort of MMA/UFC match or something. WOW! talk about physical play. If the WSU/Michigan State game had been allowed to get that physical, the Shocks would have lost by 30.

I'm just sayin' ...

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It was indeed a war. You almost expected Brock Lesner to come on the floor.
        Gonzaga has 5 guys 6"11 or bigger on their roster. Add to that Pargo, who at 6'2" is built like a Mack truck. They are absolutely stacked. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
          Originally posted by ShockRef
          Amen to that.

I watched some of the 2nd half of the Gonzaga/Tennessee game and wondered if it was some sort of MMA/UFC match or something. WOW! talk about physical play. If the WSU/Michigan State game had been allowed to get that physical, the Shocks would have lost by 30.

I'm just sayin' ...

--'85.
          Did you watch our game yesterday and listen to HCGM on the postgame show? He said it was the most physical game he had EVER been a part of in his 20+ years of coaching. He specifically mentioned that Ellis had a seperated shoulder and that several other players were beat up.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
            Did you watch our game yesterday and listen to HCGM on the postgame show? He said it was the most physical game he had EVER been a part of in his 20+ years of coaching. He specifically mentioned that Ellis had a seperated shoulder and that several other players were beat up.
            I did watch - I sat through the ridiculous rain delay and watched every minute of the game (I did not lieten to the post-game, though). I did perceive physical play in the WSU vs. MSU game but I didn't think it was nearly as physical as the parts of the Tenn vs. Gonzaga game that I saw. I felt like there were multiple instances in our game where the guards were allowed to bump and hand-check out on the floor where fouls should have been called (both ways), and the banging inside (especially off-ball) was borderline mugging.

The extreme physical play is a part of the game I wish would be brought under control and one of the reasons I don't like the NBA. Skilled players are neutralized somewhat by allowing so much contact.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Does this mean Ellis won't be able to play against
              Texas Tech on Wednesday?

Comment

why wouldnt ellis be able to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  It sounds as though he suffered a separated shoulder against MSU. But he did get back into the game later.

Comment

Agreed; also one of the reasons I don't watch the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      It sounds as though he suffered a separated shoulder against MSU. But he did get back into the game later.
                      oh yeah I remember hearing that.

My bad.

Comment

I could have sworn Marshall was being a bit sarcastic when he mentioned Ellis having a separated shoulder. Not sure if it had to do with Aaron or Michigan State's rough play. It's very possible I misunderstood the post-game comments.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanksfan
                          I could have sworn Marshall was being a bit sarcastic when he mentioned Ellis having a separated shoulder. Not sure if it had to do with Aaron or Michigan State's rough play. It's very possible I misunderstood the post-game comments.
                          You could be correct... I got the feeling Marshall wanted to say more on the radio, but decided it was best to let the sleeping dog lie. He might have wanted to vent about Hightower. I thought I heard him mention something about an incident in the hall immediately after the game. I don't want to start rumors and my hearing isn't always the best. Maybe he'll shed more light on his coaches show this evening.

P.S. I don't think he was particularly happy with yesterdays 'whistle'.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mich St shot 31 freethrows 18/31 to WSU 13 freethrows 12/13. WSU didn't shoot a freethrow until the second half when GS got the and 1.I don't have a problem with a physical game,but 31 to 13,please. Mich St made 6 more freethrows than we took and our guys had a body on them with just about every shot.That was shameful for everyone involved with the game and allow that to go on.The fraternity wont allow any coach to comment about the officiating.The little guy(midmajor) have to grit and bear it.I want to say more but I just officiated two games myself and I'm tired and sleepy.

Comment

Marshall said that Ellis FELT as though he may have seperated his shoulder but HCGM didn't feel that it really did get seperated. He said he trusts his trainers and they seem to think he'll be fine. He said they will just keep an eye on it.

As someone who has seperated BOTH shoulders numerous times playing sports it's usually pretty evident. It really loosens the shoulder up alot. I have played right after seperating my shoulder, but the next day it's usually pretty obvious that it happened. So they would all probably know right away if it was going to be an issue.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X