No respect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No respect...

Picked up athlon sports preview today and they have us at 7th just like lindys. just thought i'd share with everyone.

If that isn't locker room motivation I don't know what is.

I can just hear GM in March: "Not bad for a team picked 7th!"
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Re: No respect...

Originally posted by t7017s
      Picked up athlon sports preview today and they have us at 7th just like lindys. just thought i'd share with everyone.
      These magazines have to play the odds. Lots of unknows with WSU and WSU only still building a track record of being a perennial power in the MVC. Should put a chip on the shoulder of the team.

Comment

But there are a number of unknowns for just about every school in the Valley. I still don't see how we can be picked to finish 7th. 6th is about as low as I could imagine and that would be on the extreme negative side of things.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was thinking by now, someone would recognize Rodney Dangerfield's signature line

Comment

Once again, I'll play devil's advocate.

We finished out the season with a 5 game losing streak, barely hanging onto 6th place, with a 17-14 record. We lost our best shooter and best inside guys. I think it's reasonable for them to pick us anywhere around 6th.

It'll sure be nice to prove em wrong just like a lot of teams do every year.

Also, it's sure funny how we brought back so much from our sweet 16 last year and we were tabbed in the 2-4 range, while SIU loses two pretty valuable starters and are the undoubted favorites. It would be nice to see them take a headfirst dive into the abyss like we did last year... :)
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

We finished out the season with a 5 game losing streak, barely hanging onto 6th place, with a 17-14 record. We lost our best shooter and best inside guys. I think it's reasonable for them to pick us anywhere around 6th.

Also, it's sure funny how we brought back so much from our sweet 16 last year and we were tabbed in the 2-4 range, while SIU loses two pretty valuable starters and are the undoubted favorites. It would be nice to see them take a headfirst dive into the abyss like we did last year... :)
              The difference between this year and last is that virtually everybody in the league lost their best players. The Valley lost some great talent last offseason and there is no way the Shox finish 7th or worse. I would be willing to bet that they finish in the top half, and maybe even top 3. Everyone is underestimating this team, and that is fine with me. That will make success that much sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                Originally posted by ShockerFever

The difference between this year and last is that virtually everybody in the league lost their best players. The Valley lost some great talent last offseason and there is no way the Shox finish 7th or worse. I would be willing to bet that they finish in the top half, and maybe even top 3. Everyone is underestimating this team, and that is fine with me. That will make success that much sweeter.
                Your point about the Valley losing a lot of good players last year is a good one. I also expect the Shox to surprise a lot of people and finish better than 7th obviously. I'm just saying I can see why they picked us where they did. There's a lot of unknowns from every team this year in the Valley, including us, so who knows..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At least we don't have the pressure that goes along with being picked on the top..... :good:

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
                    At least we don't have the pressure that goes along with being picked on the top..... :good:
                    Which typically garauntees, at best, a second place finish.

Comment

Remember the last time they didnt pick us very high! :posterwsu: 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Interesting quotes from the Scooby Doo board

Besides Now that Turd is gone from WSU it's rebuilding time. I know Marshall is a good coach but it's going to take a few years.

Sounds like he'll be just another Wichita State guard to get ate alive by the Saluki D.
                        - in reference to the Murry signing by WSU.

Almost for WSU = one time in twenty years.

Evidently SIU is the Princeton of the Mid-West

Not at SIU anyway- but does WSU have academic standards?
                        I think I hate WSU more than any other team because their fans are just snobby for the most part.
                        In otherword they feel inferior and know the Abyss is coming for them :whistle:

Comment

FSF just defied using sound common sense and bought (daaa) the Athlon Sports and Lindy's Colloge Basketball Mags. Why? I am yearning for Shocker BB to get here. As already noted here on SN, they both picked us a smithering 7th!!!!!!! Pla-eeessse. Then, they both neglect PJ on the 1st team All Conference? Now that oversight was so borish to this home-grown FSF, that I could of ate fried chicken and they say that is not a healthy thing to do. Maybe I missed my calling in life and should have been writing these articles making the big bucks? Or not.

Lindy's did list the Mo Valley in the contents in the front as being a Major Conference along with 10 other Conferences. Lindy's also named PJ as the top defender this year in the Valley.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                            FSF just defied using sound common sense and bought (daaa) the Athlon Sports and Lindy's Colloge Basketball Mags. Why? I am yearning for Shocker BB to get here. As already noted here on SN, they both picked us a smithering 7th!!!!!!! Pla-eeessse. Then, they both neglect PJ on the 1st team All Conference? Now that oversight was so borish to this home-grown FSF, that I could of ate fried chicken and they say that is not a healthy thing to do. Maybe I missed my calling in life and should have been writing these articles making the big bucks? Or not.

Lindy's did list the Mo Valley in the contents in the front as being a Major Conference along with 10 other Conferences. Lindy's also named PJ as the top defender this year in the Valley.
                            They also neglacted to put him on the returning top scorers list. He averaged 11.8 ppg or something. He would be 5th or 6th on the list. No excuse for that screw up as they have him listed on teh team profile as averaging 11.8 ppg so its not like they didnt have the accurate stat. Talk about just lazy and half assed.

Comment

Lindy's calls the Mo Valley a Major Conference in the front contents with 10 other Conferences. But then it appears that they refer to Creighton's recruiting class as one of the best mid-major classes in the country. They refered to P'Allen Stinnet as a Top 100 prospect and was real high on Kenton Walker and Brooker Woodfox, also with Creighton. They also had Arbury Butler listed as one of our key players and Gal Mekel as a Shocker to keep an eye on.

Between Lindy's and Athlon, here are the players mentioned as the 1st team All-Conference players. Daniel Ruffin-and Jeremy Crouch with Bradley, Eric Coleman with N. Iowa, Deven Mitchell-Mo State, Randal Falker-SIU, and Dane Watts-Creighton. Both Mags pick Falker as Player of the Year.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X