Monroe Vs. Aldrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monroe Vs. Aldrich

I got into a discussion over Thanksgiving break with a family member whose lips are permanently attached to the Chick Hawk's lower appendage. He was going on and on about Aldrich.

I haven't watched Aldrich (or KU play) so can anybody with knowledge of both Aldrich and Monroe make a comparison?

What I do know is that Aldrich (4-star) was ranked #7 nationally as a center while Monroe (5-star) was ranked #2 nationally as a power forward. What I saw from Monroe the other day is that he is a beast of a freshman with speed on the open court like a guard.

On another note:

If we can have Georgetown within a couple with only a minute to play, I think we could beat KU on a neutral court this year, even as young and erratic as we are playing. HCGM has them buying into defense and rebounding and apparently that is the great equalizer for us currently.

I am pleased with the intensity by which we are playing in this tournament, but I also understand that there is a "celebrity" effect going on. For us to be successful this year, we must maintain this intensity (which no team really ever does) against our uninspiring conference opponents. Extreme intensity temporarily cures many ills, but talent, skill, size, and preparation are the only virtues that will persistently win in college basketball.

T

...8)

Aldrich is really talented and has 1 year over Monroe. From what I have seen, right now Aldrich is a better player. But, by the end of the season Monroe would have the edge because of his speed and defensive skills.

Comment

I would take Monroe anyday over Aldrich
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Alrich benefited greatly from having Kaun, Authur, and Jackson to compete against last year. Monroe doesn't get that opportunity.

I think Monroe will be the better player by end of year, but Alrich is ahead of him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          I would take Monroe anyday over Aldrich

Comment

Monroe has greater upside. Aldrich is at best a bench warmer in NBA, Monroe could develop into a starter.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Aldrich is a better overall player right now, both offensively and defensively. Monroe is clearly the better athlete, and has more potential. Both players will be very good and make a lot of money in their basketball careers. They could both be top ten picks, although I think Monroe could be in the top three. His athleticism is the difference. I'd take Aldrich, but I'm biased.

Right now KU's only a fringe top-25 team. I think WSU could beat a team at that level. Hopefully WSU will get a few wins like that this year.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Would Bill Self help expedite that event?

Comment

Based on what I've seen of Aldrich, I'd have to echo the general opinion here. Monroe has more talent atm, but Aldrich has more skill.

Aldrich is stronger, too. Which given his style of play is an advantage. Versus Monroe, he'd probably be able to muscle him a little and make him less effective.

I think Aldrich would fit better in WSU's lineup, if I were to pick one. Monroe's athleticism is nice, but with our deliberate style of play, Aldrich's muscle would be more of an asset to us.

Comment

Working...
                  X