OSU or MSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU or MSU?

Which would we rather play? OSU probably gives us a better chance of winning... But MSU would be a name brand team, and a better opportunity....

I can't decide.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=127 Spartans

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=197 Cowboys
    Goo Shockers

I'm glad we get a shot at a big name school either way, but I think I would have to go with Okie State for two reasons. Number one, we need wins. I'm tired of moral victories, and I think a victory over MSU would be a pretty tall order, and just hanging around and losing by 8 wouldn't really do us any good at this point. However, I think we actually could defeat OSU, so I would like to see that. The other reason is that recruiting wise, OSU is probably after some of the same regional players we are, so defeating them could give us one edge in that area.

Comment

From the way the teams played yesterday, I would rather play MSU. Slower and not as quick as OSU. The Okies played Gonzaga tough and I think lost only because they got tired physically of getting beaten on by the zags. Gonzaga has 5 players 6'11 or more. One guy(Will Foster) is 7'5" 273#. MSU had one of their starters not being able to go yesterday and really looked alot slower compared to OSU. So if I get my pick I take the big 10 school and not the big 12. Go Shox!

Comment

michigan state 75

oklahoma state 70

simply because michigan state has more depth and more talent and more experience and better coaching but between the two theres not much difference but the ranking
        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Oklahoma State 70

Michigan State 68

We seem to match up better to Oklahoma State so I want them to win.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'd rather play Michigan State because of the 19 point win they had against us at Auburn Hills 3 years ago. We need some payback.

Comment

I have no idea, I think they are both pretty equal right now. I guess whichever team isn't as good at transition buckets.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I don't care which team we play. OSU is better from a regional standpoint - and it is OSU who won't play us any more.

MSU has better national name recognition and would get the Shox better coverage from the media. MSU is at #5 and #6 in the polls. OSU is at the bottom of "Others receiving votes".

After the 2 games WSU just played, I'm not looking for 3 games in a row that close against the type of competition WSU is facing at this stage of the season. If we are going to lose a game I'd rather lose against MSU than OSU.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

MSU 33 OSU 19 with 4:52 left 1st 1/2

Comment

so let me get this right.....

we do not play on espn2 sunday no matter who we play...

we play michigan state who is ranked #6 if they win

or

we play ok. state if they win.....

Comment

it doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by WSUfan1994
                        so let me get this right.....

we do not play on espn2 sunday no matter who we play...

we play michigan state who is ranked #6 if they win

or

we play ok. state if they win.....
                        Right, it's ESPNU no matter what. And it's the WINNER of Michigan St vs OSU
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

MSU is up 44-29 at half.

Comment

MSU is looking like a winner

MSU - 62
                            OSU - 48

After a 7-0 OSU run. It was a 21-pt. lead when I started typing this.

64-48 with 12:27 to go.

Comment

I hope we are taking notes. They are beating OSU back on defense and getting easy buckets.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X